Was hoping to chat to someone from AWD to book car in for upgrades

No this is how it went

No one wanted to speak to the new guy

No one in AWD wanted to speak to me

You’re all so cliquey

Open day but only if your one of the lads

AWD you will not need to talk to me as my money will not come your way

SIDC you can stick my membership where the sun don’t shine :rolleyes:

Well now, that's a shame. Sorry to hear that man. I can only speak for the Glasgow side of things and their are no cliques there. In fact, I have gone "cross-border" and found members on the other side to be both very friendly and helpful. I'd give it another go if I were you mate.

Why don't you post a list up of what you need on another thread and people will happily advise you, I'm sure of it.

J

A big thank you to AWD and all the SIDC members that made me so welcome

Today in Perth

Turned up with a pocket full of money and a list of what I wanted

No this is how it went

You’re all so cliquey

Get your self along to the central meet on tuesday and meet some friendly owners and dont be so hasty.

As dipsy said, you really need to go up and introduce yourself. i got window stickers made up for my car with my screen name on so whenever i pulled up folk knew it was me.

.....and a sunstrip so folks would know it was a subaru........ooops my bad ,the sunstrips still in the boot.

Today in Perth

No this is how it went

You’re all so cliquey

FFS grow up!!!

Today in Perth

No this is how it went

You’re all so cliquey

lol good day out then was it? :rotfl:

I remember the first meet I ever went and I couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. As Paul 555sti says come along to the central meet on Tuesday. Details in the events section.

i agree with the big man here,i usually go to central and glasgow meets when i can ,i even went to a lothians meet recently.....and went to the wrong pub,had a look around my car,spoke to myself about my latest mods then went home.

i do notice however,a lot of new members will tend to walk around looking at cars with their heads down ,hoping someone will say hello...i should know because i was the exact same,its simply a case of walking up to someone and saying"hello,i'm"screen name" my real name is "bloggs",how you doin?...well that usually works for me and i'm not the most confident person in the world.

i was there today after 1, didnt notice anyone standing about on there own. it can seem cliquey but if you go up and say hello to someone and s\y its your first time they usually welcome you.try a meet and let people know your coming and that your new,as for grant and co. they had a lot of people there today and they were rushed off their feet when i saw them. put a few names to faces today though not til theyd left! rs grant didnt realise that was you talking to dale until you headed off- love the pops and bangs.

You cannot assume that everyone will know who you are ( & therefore know if you are new ?).........

Motto - get yer brass neck on a introduce yourself. We were all newbies once......

AWD would have been busy all day - surely you could have hung around the service desk and asked for help ?

Come to the next meet and make your coupon known.....

I used to go to meets as a newbie in a Civic Type R as I wanted advice first hand - it's up to YOU to make the effort

and then you'll find that people will reciprocate.

Cheers

Cal

Is this a wind up? Pocket full of money and a list of mods and nobody spoke to you? Apoligies if that was the case, all the AWD lads were out and about mingling today myself included, carrying out free diagnostics for sidc members and genrall chat, it was a great day with one of the bigest turn outs for the first open day of the year. With totall impreza magazine getting some great shots of punters cars for the next edition.

Did you introduce yourself to Grant, Andy or any of the tecs? or indeed any of the fellow owners All the lads I know from SIDC are a great bunch and welcome new owners with open arms,

Come along to the next one and make yourself know

Cheers

Paddy

Edited by paddy247

WOW. bit of a shock there.

I can only appoligise if you think we were being rude. There were only two of us working the office today and two technitions to try and accomidate and pleas over 100 people in and out through out the day. I know it sounds like an excuse but there were also two seperate magazine crews that were featuring our cars, busy busy busy.

We have open days to try meet new people and that is why we have the free check and reports on all cars on the day to do so.

I did try my best to meet as many people as i could.

Sorry

I can only appoligise if you think we were being rude. There were only two of us working the office today and two technitions to try and accomidate and pleas over 100 people in and out through out the day. I know it sounds like an excuse but there were also two seperate magazine crews that were featuring our cars, busy busy busy.

We have open days to try meet new people and that is why we have the free check and reports on all cars on the day to do so.

Sorry

Why hold an open day with only 4 staff to accommodate over 100 people ? Surely BAD planning !!!!!!!!

Why hold an open day with only 4 staff to accommodate over 100 people ? Surely BAD planning !!!!!!!!

We only have a staff of 5. Bad planing?? who are you and were you there?? the day was great.

Nobody can predict who turns up and when. Would you suggest we employ more people to accomidate your needs sir???????

We only have a staff of 5. Bad planing?? who are you and were you there?? the day was great.

Nobody can predict who turns up and when. Would you suggest we employ more people to accomidate your needs sir???????

excuse the spelling.lol

excuse the spelling.lol

No was'nt there,glad now, but surely if you are planning a big open day with magazines invited its not unrealistic to expect a lot of people are going to turn up and plan accordingly, rather over staff than under staff and have unhappy potential customers ?

Sorry

Perhaps you could say, We were understaffed as we did not expect such a high turnout, if you would like to send us your list of parts you had in mind we can still offer you the extra 10% discount and give you advice on the parts you have choosen or may have overlooked.

We are very sorry for the way you feel you have been treated, customer service and satisfaction is our goal and we will take your comments on board and hope we can be of service in the future.

Come along to the next one ton246 and meet the lads, right friendly bunch and will help out where they can, Its very hard to organise for an event such as this, and to be honest id say it was well organised and staffing levels were optimum, These events are a social oportunity for many people and not all about sales sales sales for AWD, thats why there is no workshop open on the day, but the odd dumpvalve slips through the net for fitting, and the rest of the efforts from the tec's are spend on diagnostic work. Advance bookings for servicing, parts and performance packages can be made on the day at the sales counter, however you have to make yourself know to the apropriate staff or other staff who will point you in the right direction.

Paddy.

So you'd rather AWD employed another couple of people and paid their wages for a year because there are a couple of people that are expecting to have a 1 on 1 service within 5 mins of arriving?! Errr, I think thats being a tiny bit unreasonable.

I'll be honest, I've never met/spoken to you Addison and have no idea what you look like. I also will freely admit that I made no attempt to say hello to everyone there to find you....... if that offends you then I apologise. If I had known you were coming along to the Open Day I'd have let you know who to look for and to come over and say hello. I know its a bit daunting to march up to a group of 'regulars' that seem to be in a closed group, but the great thing that I've found about this club is that you can turn up and wander over to a group of people to say hello and 99 times out of 100 you'll wonder why you were so nervous as you get accepted straight away and join in the banter.

Cheers,

Grant