Dicksons Of Perth.

I bought a 05reg impreza Jdm Sti from Dicksons of Dunblane in November 05 but would never buy a car from them again had a few problems with the car ie the way alarm was installed dash not put back right and the way alarm siren was fitted and under bonnet probe aswell which i had to sort myself to a lot higher standard than there's.I know some one who bought a 54 reg impreza Jdm Sti from Dicksons in Perth and had no problems and lives the other end of the town from me.

Edited by Dipsy

hi Al, hows it going? me and the other half have just bought an integra from them and i was very wary having heard the stories but no problems at all, were very straight with me on price and making sure the car was a1 and ready to go. we dealt with Niki Dickson himself and perfectly happy with the service- as far as i can tell most of the problems were at dunblane and with other staff managing the place. the scoob wasnt there on tuesday- id have noticed a beastie like that, though they had a 94 wrx wagon with 1400? miles on it!

the perth place might be perfectly ok

unfortunately its the same guy though.

Interesting reading indeed,

there are some cracking paragraphs in the BBC link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/taysid...ral/6949646.stm

like the sheriffs judgement;

"I was left with a distinct impression that as far as Mr Dickson is concerned the truth is what he says it is at any given moment, and because that's what he wants it to be, rather than because it is actually true.
Anyone been up there for a look recently?

Reason I ask, is that one of my good mates is looking for his first Impreza, and This:

http://www.dicksonsmotorgroup.co.uk/vehicl...6220&popup=

Has taken his eye. Have heard very mixed opinions of this place, so your views would be appreciated.

Dunno if that particular car has even left Japan yet, but anyone seen it up there?

Thanks, Al

off subject -

what are they on the front bumper of that white sti ?

is it what I think it is? rear spat thingys on the front

Edited by Carson

They are different cars john...

You never got Type-R or type-RA in this country... also the cars are so much cheaper in the other countries that really it is MUCH cheaper to import them than to buy them here....

the import market has always been big in this country, both in cars and especially motorbikes.... although I dont think that its as big now as it used to be...

Forgive my utter ignorance... but why go to all this trouble to import cars when they ar efreely available in all guises in this country? I can only think cost. So what is it?

for example the classic WRX in japan was 273bhp standard, whereas the equivelant UK2000 was I think 215bhp.

Also the no rust thing, due to the japanese not salting their roads etc.

Yeah thats right about the 215bhp on the MY00 uk Turbos...

And I forgot to say earlier... that Dixons of PERTH was mentioned in that BBC article...

Mr Dickson was taken to court by former business partner John Gray, who had accused him of running Dicksons of Perth using "spurious Mickey Mouse accounts".
Edited by thefastone

Another way of looking at it John...

The VW Fox - Buit in BRAZIL - Using a workforce thats half German - in a state of the art facility (that Volkswagen built...)

the cars are then all sent to GERMANY for QA, before being Shipped to the UK for sale.... And stilll cheaper than building in Germany or the UK... thats a God bit of mileage that your shiney new car has on it before you ever think about buying it... ;)

Edited by thefastone

I went to Dicksons of perth with one of my mates, him with a 55 plate CTR, and looking for an Integra, and me with my 03 STI, and the guy single handedly convinced us both to walk out the door within minutes.. mainly by offering ridiculous trade in prices... then said that they don't get many scoobies in because they don't sell well and aren't worth much... Knob..

• 1 month later...

funny, i went in there when it was in dunblane, and got talked out of buying an integra type r by a pushy sales man to££er!!

went up to perth to look at the new jdm type r about a month ago and were very nice could not have been nicer. Which is good as i dont generally have time for pushy people.

I just push back harder.

I am not sure about the warrantys though although to be fair, i did not do too much research into what they were offering.

Seems to be mainly the same people with a slightly different attitude. cant be too bad a thing?