Lanark Sun 17th Of Sept At 1400

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to Grant earlier and he was concerned that he'd heard some of the stuff we left had gone.

If you read the latest on the BBC Website the photo of Jimmy at the top shows tributes have been moved closer to the house.

My concern was indeed unfounded. Watching the BBC news they showed Jimmy reading our tributes and i jsut started crying like a 2 yo, a thing i have been doing quite often today.

After our chat today i met the lady but i think Jackie Stewart was a better choice than myself.

Watching the BBC news they showed Jimmy reading our tributes and i jsut started crying like a 2 yo, a thing i have been doing quite often today.

After our chat today i met the lady but i think Jackie Stewart was a better choice than myself.

Aye - there wasn't one word in Jackie's statement that rhymed with bucking :(

Absolute total respect for Jimmy. Always respected the guy regardless, but how many people who have just lost son and grandson in such tragic circumstances would even agree to be interviewed, let alone hold their composure the way he did. TOTAL RESPECT.

Hi,

I registered on this forum just to say what a fitting, emotional tribute you guys put together on Sunday at such short notice. I saw your cars in Lanark and the power of your fleet been driven with such respectful composure reduced me to tears. Well done- you showed in a tremendous fashion the great respect you had for your hero.

I am on holiday this week and it was really strange that, while boarding my flight to Gatwick on Monday morning, I walked past a guy reading the paper and my letter was on it!

and it wasnt just a small picture, this took up the whole page, in colour!

I wrote it at 0300 Sunday morning and it took a couple of times to get the wording, spelling and the writing right.. man i'm glad that I took that time LoL

I wanted to nudge the guy in the back, point at the paper and go "hey... check that... I wrote that..." (but i didnt)

Its unbelievable the amount of media coverage our emergency tribute-convoy got but it feels great, knowing that we paid our respects in such a dignified way and getting quoted in the same page as folk like Sir Jackie Stewart and David Coultard

sorry i could not be there, i was offshore, colin was the reason i bought my wrx, a hell of a guy, may he drive "flat out" in rally heaven, rip m8.

The BBC Articles now feature a link to the club too.

Such a surreal experience seeing myself on the telly yesterday and indeed today too. Still, I think the press coverage has shown that it was a really nice gesture that we did. Well done again Grant. For all your protestations about your abilities in front of the Camera I personally could not think of a better person to talk about the man than yourself. Like Imy, when you were asked what he meant to you I had to stop myself from having a good wee chuckle, but once you got into full flow I doubt there was a dry eye in the house.

The site is attracting very high levels of traffic at the moment from all over the world because of the little tribute we carried out last Sunday and the subsequent global Media coverage. I think something needs clarifying - not so much for the community, but for the many thousands of guests that are hitting the site.

What we did last Sunday was the result of a very late night appeal that happened on Saturday night. I think/hope I can speak for all who attended when I say it was a spontaneous gesture by like-minded individuals who were deeply shocked by the news and who wanted to pay their respects to a fellow countryman, a fantastic ambassador for our small nation, someone they all admired and who they had the utmost respect for. The level of Media coverage that followed was not anticipated by any of us and has surprised us all.

Yes, I daresay we have "done the Club proud", but that played no part in our reasons for going to Jerviswood on Sunday. I think we were all so stunned at the time we didn't even think of ourselves as a "Club" or anything else. We were just a small group of Scots united in our feelings, disbelief at what had happened and with a common mind. We had the opportunity to pay our respects and took it.

One of my work colleagues was close friends with Colin, he has let me know that the family have been very moved by the tributes that have been paid especially by the SIDC.

I had a delivery for Colin today, can safely say it was the worst delivery i have ever had to do in my life especially as it was Alison that answered the door, past couple of days the Police have been signing for packages and taking them up but today we were being let through. The Royal Mail man, Alison and myself all just broke down, she said that she was grateful just to see a familer face. The Police said that they should be away in the next day or two as they understand how hard it must be for Alison seeing everyone milling about trying to figure out what happened to her Soin and Husband. When the cordon is lifted i will move all the flowers up to just outside the gate of the estate.

The site is attracting very high levels of traffic at the moment from all over the world because of the little tribute we carried out last Sunday and the subsequent global Media coverage. I think something needs clarifying - not so much for the community, but for the many thousands of guests that are hitting the site.

What we did last Sunday was the result of a very late night appeal that happened on Saturday night. I think/hope I can speak for all who attended when I say it was a spontaneous gesture by like-minded individuals who were deeply shocked by the news and who wanted to pay their respects to a fellow countryman, a fantastic ambassador for our small nation, someone they all admired and who they had the utmost respect for. The level of Media coverage that followed was not anticipated by any of us and has surprised us all.

Yes, I daresay we have "done the Club proud", but that played no part in our reasons for going to Jerviswood on Sunday. I think we were all so stunned at the time we didn't even think of ourselves as a "Club" or anything else. We were just a small group of Scots united in our feelings, disbelief at what had happened and with a common mind. We had the opportunity to pay our respects and took it.

Could not agree more

Amen to that brother.

Andy, couldnt agree more. We did it for someone we loved and admired. Still cannot believe this has happened.

Grant, I couldnt have made that trip to the front door mate :)

Just found out last night to that Colins wife (Alison) had been @ the same horse event as Mrs Bus and her pals @ Oatridge College on Saturday when the accident happened. :D

Edited by Gus the Bus