Lanark Sun 17th Of Sept At 1400

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have loved to have come but as some have stated I dont feel it right to come along in my Astra.

RIP Great Legend Colin

Dougie C

Dougie, for me and for more importantly the genius which started this whole Scottish Subaru phenomenan please come along and i will get you into a Scoob i promise

Please mate

Cant beleive the news.Colin will be sadly missed throughout the motorsport world.

Unfortunately, i have to take my other half in to work in Edinburgh this afternoon, otherwise i would definitely have come through.

R.I.P Colin.

Grant, what you are doing is a fantastic gesture and one which the great man would have appreciated. Nice One. :D

Iain

I was planning a drive today anyway, so I'll come down and join you. IMHO Mr McRae put Subaru on the map. I'm glad you guys are doing this, although I would have liked to meet you all under better circumstances.

I'm about to leave Dundee and will be taking it easy, so if anyone is coming from further North watch out for me (Blue '06 wagon).

I'll see you there.

Steve.

Just back from Lanark!

25 people there from SIDC and approx 20 cars.

A fitting tribute was left from us withs pics flowers and a special message for a very very special guy.

Well done folks!

Gus

FYI Grant (previously known as Squirrel) was interviewed by BBC News 24 and Sky News and there was a lot of Media attention in and around the area.

That was a nice thing you lot did for Mr McRae.Saw you's on BBC news 24 saw Grants car first he was speaking to the police .Then the camera changed angle and there were all the subarus parked up and yous started to walk round the corner Grant was first he had a big picture in his hand and the rest of scottish scoobies with flowers

Edited by Dipsy

it was great to see how many of us braved the yucky rain and made the trip to Lanark.

We didnt need to explain or talk about why we were all there, we were just there, together, grieving.

It was surreal the way the press reacted when we gathered at the bottom of the lane, i guess we forget that not everyone uses these forums and that not everyone knows about the Subaru community.

They took lots of pictures of our convoy arriving and departing, footage of us is already being shown in Sky News and BBC 24.

Thanks to those that managed to make it today, it really demonstrated the strength that we have in pulling together and meeting up last minute.

Well done to Grant for speaking to the media on behalf of us all.

Its not easy responding to a question like "and what did Colin mean to you" with a furry microphone and camera pointing at you and being forced to think on the spot.

I had to stiffle a giggle, as asking you especially what Colin means is like... hello... being asked why we breathe!

well done.

Sorry I couldn't be there as I am stuck out in the US right now but we went to a local meet last night and these guys were gutted to say the least.

Fantastic support from across here for a man that they all admired and aspired to be like.

Colin - you'll be sorely missed

Russell