Intercooler Upgraded - Yes I did it again with the fins.

2 weeks ago at the OSIDC I managed to aquire an STI 5 top Mount Intercooler from Ally-B.

However it was in a bad state... a really bad state. 

Here is the front and back as I recieved it.

1015914403_233310f961.jpg

1015985577_e5a435ecbe.jpg

Like I said.... it was a mess.

So I set to fixing this one up like I had done to my stock uk one only this time I did front and back.

A close up for you of a section before and after (yes this is the same section of the same intercooler) 

1015914363_3732bfffe1.jpg

1015914345_5a42175306.jpg

With a lot of time, a needle and the patience of a god you can fix these things.

However approx 14 hours worth of work over the next 12 days allows you get results like this.

1015914409_c7c27e72df.jpg

1015985611_24b54ca18c.jpg

A vast improvment.

Just for you photo buffs I tried a slightly arty shot. I think it turned out well for a camera phone.

1015914391_5f2451e7fb.jpg

And here is the finished article installed in the car complete with the samco hose set.

1015985481_9c0e5f58e2.jpg

I think it looks great but i will not be doing another intercooler fix for a long time.

Fixed your pictures for you. Good work though you nut.

Cheers for the pic fix st3ph3n, had to dash of to the football so I didn't have time to fix them when I realises the were messed up but that's another thread.... [:D]

Job's a goodun .A question for you how much
difference was there from the uk turbo intercooler to the sti
intercooler size wise just intrested

Its a direct
replacement for the UK model. No problems with fitting. Even used one of the mount of the UK one as the bolt was sheered on the STI 5.
Apparently its
just a better piece of kit all round however even just the Samco hoses would make
a big difference to a UK one as its got a crappy plastic y piece.

In search of more power without a remap.

Always mate. It never ends.

And its not just power but all round improvements.

The question is now what? lol 

I'd have given that a bash too, good wee bit of maintenance/modification that... difference is that I'd have pricked my finger more than 5 times within 90secs, started to swear within 3 mins, literally have given it a bash within 7 mins and stomped off in a temper. [:D]

Cheers,

Grant 

• 1 month later...
</p>

<p>Meths and some OB and get to Crail to see if it was worth it.[:D]</p><p></p><p> </p><p>now that is tempting mate. next time i go i think i'll be stripping the car for the run to see what i can get. </p>

So - What's involved in putting OB and Meths into a car just for a Crail trip? Anything to watch for? My car has been mapped for VPower so I'm not sure whether this is worth it? Does it add a degree or two of safety for the engine?