Couple of more mods to the Spec-D

Well, I'm really happy performance/sound wise with the car.. so that side of things is staying the way it is for a while. But I always had a couple of wee styling tweeks that I wanted to try out in an effort to make my car a wee bit more individual and different from the 'norm' around here...... I'm sure a few people wont be too big a fan of what I've done, but I like it and thats the main thing!! [:P][:P]

The wee changes I've made are:

- Type RA-R Style Grill Trim (Only done with red tape at present & if I decide if its staying then it'll be getting painted)

- Cold Air Feed & STi Foglight Cover rather than the standard Front Foglights

- Rear Spoiler removal, I really like the clean look and the most I'll be doing is fitting a JDM A-Line Rear Lip, but seriously considering going without completely. [H]

Anyway, here are some pictures of the car after I washed the outside & engine bay (to remove wax coating) this afternoon:

Aatown001.jpg

Aatown002.jpg

Atown019.jpg

Aatown007.jpg

Aatown008.jpg

Aatown005.jpg

Aatown009.jpg

Aatown013.jpg

Aatown023.jpg

Aatown028.jpg

Aatown030.jpg

Aatown032.jpg

Aatown036.jpg

Glad to hear people's comments, both good and bad. [:P]

Cheers,

Grant

I like your sense of styling mods Grant[Y]......did you get the holes filled in on the boot lid or did you put rubber grommets in.

The clean lines of the A Line might be the way ahead....

I love the RA-R and hope to get one soon.

Looks superb Grant - big [Y] from me on the no-spoiler look. The grill mod is also nice but the only thing I don't like much is the lack of symetry on the front with the fog covers - i'd have liked to have seen it the same on both sides.

oobster 

Looking very nice. Think no spoiler is a bold step, one of those things

perhaps get used too after time ??? Quite a big back end with Scoobs,

spoiler helps break that up a little. Always liked my cars to look just

a little different from the norm, nothing wrong with being different

(well that's what I tell myself when people point [:'(]) !

Car looks good mate and i agree with most that you need some sort of spoiler to break it up, although maybe because its what we are used to se-ing, you may have started something with the radical rear look.good luck.

I have also never been a fan of the Lexus Rear lights either,however the car still looks exellent .

Mac

Thanks for the comments on the car and changes I've done.. Wasn't expecting a totally positive reaction to the lack of rear spoiler!! [:P] The front end was meant to be a bit like the M3 CSL or Tommi Makkinen Evo 6.5 come as standard with the moulded cold air intake, which I tried to make look as factory as possible using the OE foglight cover with the light unit removed. [H]

Mac, they are Lexus-STYLE Rear Lights, a'la Halfrauds/Max Flower styling.. not the genuine article unfortunately. Haha.[:P] I've got a couple of ideas about how to change the look of them as well though, so when the mood/cash/time becomes right, I'll put those plans into action.

Cheers,

Grant

Well yours is looking like a silver grey version o mine, looks great matey....... aint too sure of the no spoiler look it does stand out, a [Y] from me

Done my grill ages ago and it really stands out on a black car 537394749_236b32d62b.jpg

Fancy that red look on mine. How was it done?

Well yours is looking like a silver grey version o mine, looks great matey....... aint too sure of the no spoiler look it does stand out, a [Y] from me

Done my grill ages ago and it really stands out on a black car 537394749_236b32d62b.jpg

Fancy that red look on mine. How was it done?

Its basically a red pinstripe, its a PITA as with the cold weather it peels away at the bottom right corner. Dead easy to do and cost all of £1.50