RAC Trackstar

Anyone else had the same problems with the admin side of Trackstar Ltd as me. They seem a complete shambles!!!![N]

I after much hassle set up a Direct debit for a monthly payment (£10 per month) to cover my DD and got my bank statement in today to find they have debited £160 from my account FFS.

They were meant to take 4 months (back dated due to there f@ck ups) amounting to £40 but decided 4x that was more appropriate[:@]

I dont even need the tracker for my insurance but thought it was a further deterent.

anyone else had similar problems?

Gus

I gave up with them Gus, phoned them to ask if then can enable the tracker fitted to my car, they done  a test to ensure it was working, as it had not been enabled since the car left the factory. Test was positive, said they would post out the documents, never got the documents, phoned them again, said they had no details of previous tests  [:@] ..so we went through the procedure again, 3 weeks later still no documents/contract from them ...phoned them again !! guess what,  they said they needed to test the system first to ensure it was working ....i said two words and hung up ...

Craig

Tracker are not much better - took me days, and

evetually after 35 minutes on hold, I got through to them.  VERY

slow with stuff in the post too [:D]

Tracker's admin and financial systems are hopeless IMO

They went through a phase of sending me letters saying "we acknowledge

your request to cancel your subscription".  I phoned them the next

day to ask what they were on about as I hadnt cancelled it, only to get

a girly giggle from the operator saying that their computer systems

were on the blink, I was the 9th customer to call and I could disregard

that letter [8o|]  [8-)]

It doesnt entirely fill me with confidence and now everytime I call them I ask for a direct dial number and the name of the operator I spoke to.

When I was paying for my Lifetime Subscription I asked "Will it be tested to ensure it is working?"...answer..."It might be"....mmmm I thinks....."What if after I have paid this subscription you test it and it is not working - do I get a refund?"....answer...."No, you need to get a tracker engineer to repair or replace the unit!" - WTF - crap.  Still don't know if it works.

Brian [:D]

Not impressed with Tracker. Mine was fitted over five weeks ago just before I picked it up, and have never once heard anything from them. I have tried phoning them a few times, and got through twice. I takes my entire lunch hour to get through to their admin section. Each time I have been told that it is active, I am covered by it and I will have everything sent out in the next few days. Nothing has yet arrived. They have yet to ask me to pay them anything towards a subscription.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Unfortunately to get decent insurance quote it was a requirement that it was fitted with one. Must live in a dodgy area or something.

[:@] !!

I have a Cobra TrakQ fitted to mine and have to admit that the customer service side of things is1st class. I seem to get through within a few rings and emails are answered same day. Don't really know if the actual system is better or worse than the tracker though.

I remember they phoned me up in the middle of the night to ask if my car had been moved without my consent. After panicking then checking the car I told them everything was fine. They then told me they were just making sure as my car was shown to be........ wait for it.......... at the North Pole!!!!!!!!!!!! No joke. [:D]

I remember they phoned me up in the middle of the night to ask if my car had been moved without my consent. After panicking then checking the car I told them everything was fine. They then told me they were just making sure as my car was shown to be........ wait for it.......... at the North Pole!!!!!!!!!!!! No joke. [:D]

lol and that`s Sno joke [:D]

The first year things were fine with them as i paid the year subscription in full,the following year was a complete f**k up as they werent even taking money out of my account.

I then phoned them to querie this and they said that they had no record of me at all.I was very pissed of as if my car was nicked then my insurance would have gone down the swanny.

Managed to get it sorted now or until the next time they f**k up

Steve

Having read these posts I'm getting a bit worried.

spoke with them a week or so ago and got through very quick. Person I spoke to found details of car with reg no problem and carried out test said if you dont here back from us test was good and then I got the paper work through the door 4 days later.

Just hoping now that there is no problems so think I will phone and confirm everything in a couple of weeks.

Having read these posts I'm getting a bit worried.

spoke with them a week or so ago and got through very quick. Person I spoke to found details of car with reg no problem and carried out test said if you dont here back from us test was good and then I got the paper work through the door 4 days later.

Just hoping now that there is no problems so think I will phone and confirm everything in a couple of weeks.

I would tbh just to give you peace of mind[Y]

Gus