alloy suppliers/powder coaters/paintshops

Hi,

Can people let me know what alloys supplierrs in teh UK are good for subaru? i bought some recently and didnt like them on the car. now im either going to buy white rims or powder coat my currrent ones.

Have you any links, photos for suppliers or rims that will fit the brembo calipers please?

Also where can i get wheels pwdercoated or repainted in central or glasgow?

Wheres a decent paintshop as well?

C

Chris

Every night on the way home I pass one of those trailers that are parked in a farmers field next to the motorway - this particular one is jst as you approach Junction 4 (Bathgate/Whitburn) from the Glasgow direction, on the M8.

I can't mind all the details but the company name is, i think, RM Coatings and the whole advert is about repairing/refurbishing alloy wheels. It's an 01506 number (again - i think).

Might be worth a look next time your passing. Never used them, only noticed the advert.

Only company i have used is up outside Dundee (Carnoustie?) - Coatech, Ewan is the guy - 01241 854 911. Dougster gave me the contact details and the wheel he done for me came back minted. Think it was 50 notes and that included the delivery back down to me via courier.

For powder coating i used "Auto-Image" on Gt Western Road up near St George's Cross..0141 333 0575..

I was £160 for the 4 wheels going from Gold to Anthracite, job is perfect and they gave me loan wheels to keep me going for the 3 days they had mine....

Only thing i would say is if you phone and they say they will call you back don't bank on it! I phoned them for some tyre prices (about 2months after powder coating) and never heard back, was pretty peeved!

A bit handier, ESP Powder coating 30 Stronend St Glasgow, 336-3800, ask for Trevor. Premises are Tatty while the New ones are being readied in Yorkhill. But fine job (probably where the likes of Auto-image etc sub contract too)

---john---