House prices in the Isle of Man

Salesman for a sign company, do a bit of design when possible, simple layouts etc, girlfriend does gardening for older people in our area, looking for a three bed detached place with a garage. Is location an issue on such a small island ?

Bill

Try www.chrystals.co.im

www.bgc.co.im

www.deanwoods.co.im

www.cowleygroves.co.im

Also if you can get a copy of the Courier paper that helps. Oh actually I am going up the airport this morning so will pick you up a copy of the Estate Agents For Sale stuff. Whats you address and I will post it to you?

House prices are stupid!! An average house is 150k.

Personally it depends where you want, I love Laxey having lived there for a while, beautiful views and everything but the 3 bedroom with a garage and a small garden I had was £220,000. And they are going up! Depends if you want to be more rural! The longest drive to Douglas from the furthest point in a slow car face-icon-small-wink.gif is 40min. If you live in Ramsey you get the privelege of going over the mountain everyday to work!

Plenty of jobs available to. Try www.gov.im and select Jobs and search there.

If you see any you like I don't mind popping in with a digi camera and having a look around a couple for you! Im still looking myself too so its no worries!!!

Not as much as you would think (in my opinion) however still an issue, but more opinion driven rather than area dictated (if you follow my drift). my origanal idea was to rent, see how we got on then buy !

Failed misserabley at that one. bought straight away. Haven't regretted one second.

You didn't mention which area you are from, I found it very strange at first (adapting to a more laid back existance) even when you consider I was a visitor since 1984 (marshalling and timekeeper on the international rally) similar story to Richard (heazille). In fact he came through the "motor club" "committee" bit, as did I, Although he seems more "up for it again" now than I feel that I want to be. Never say never, But I sure the similarites don't end there, Pehaps that's why he's such a likeable all round good chap face-icon-small-happy.gif

If you need any further info feel free to use E mail as I am sure Richard would echo.....

All the best

Brian

The laidback life in interesting!!! But the island is truly stunning. The scenery is amazing and most people are more than happy to help you. There are a few things about laid back life that you DO have to get used to like if you washing machine breaks down the typical answer is "3-4 weeks for repair that guv, gotta get it from the UK y'know"

You ideally don't want to rent for long at all as a 3 bedroom with garage typcial price is £1000 per month which isn't cheap!

Oh and tax is 10% for the first £10000 then 18% after that, buy anything on finance and you can get the interest back at the end of the year! If you want to eat well you can too! Cracking little pubs all over the island.

Remember all us lot are seriously biased towards this little island but we love it!

All the best,

Jon

jon.stokes@mea.gov.im

Scooby Heavenface-icon-small-tongue.gif

No Unemploymentface-icon-small-happy.gif

No Upper Speed limit out of townface-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-tongue.gifface-icon-small-cool.gif

Not to many Crooks!!!!!face-icon-small-mad.gifface-icon-small-mad.gif(seperate story)

No papers before 8.00amface-icon-small-blush.gif

Like devon Twenty years ago, catching up, but still way way laid back.

Will need very deep pockets for house, due to one or two individuals on the island having bought several hundred houses!!!, therefore lots to rent ,but expensive and nothing available to buy.

Would not move back across for anything thoughface-icon-small-smile.gif

Ta Ta

Richard

Isle of Man

'e' mail mrp@manx.net anytime if i can help.

Got those brochures of all the houses available if you want them. Can post over if you want! Full price range from £60000 all the way up to a couple of million. Obviously the lower priced houses do not have a swimming pool face-icon-small-wink.gif

Email me your address and I put them on the Ben tonight!! (You know when you have been here too long when you call the ferry the 'Ben' and tutting when it gets in late face-icon-small-wink.gif )

Must be honest moving to IOM is something I have been thinking about and since being on the forum for a year now it is really appealing. I have no house here and only my job keeping me here. However I bet there isnt much call for Jet engine designers over there... mm what else can I do...