This is hard.........but have no choice

right............ i can not believe it's come to this, and i'm in bits. I have to sell my scooby because of mounting problems with money and moving to our new house. doesn't help when powergen give us a bill for nearly £2900 because they couldn't be bothered to read our meter for 6 years even though i'd increased my payments and problems arose when the meter was moved, so i'm in dispute with them now and they are the laziest bunch of twats i know, we also have mounting solicitors fees coz we are re-mortgaging our existing house and renting it out........two propertys with a mortgage total of £218,000!!!!!...........rented house will pay for it self hopfully. it's a gamble but i'm risky anyway, and i need to sort the new house out hence need money to cover all these things and my VW passat isn't worth as much as the scoob and is about £120 a month cheaper to run so there we have it................it has to go. but i am staying as a full member of sidc and will renew my membership in july........and i'll have a picture of my passat as my avater!!!!

car going back to standard, well apart from de-cat, filter, ecu.

Bugger me this hurts[:'(] 

Yes that's what i'm hoping, my other half said she would cash in her Isa's to help, but that's not right.I'd like to get a new age when i change again but would have to be non turbo, and to think where we are moving is nothing but back roads and it's great going down there......but have to be in me tdi vw!!

cheers mate

Mr Clown, I had to sell my first Bugeye to get my wife a smaller runabout, and went to an older classic wagon.

I then changed the wagon to a classic saloon, then had to sell it because of financial issues at home (wife on long term sick)[;)] But, circumstances changed and we managed to be able to eventually buy the bugeye I have now. Things change and finances take hi`s and lows too.

You`ll have a scoob (or whatever else you fancy) soon enough but home matters have to take priority over any car.

Cliff

My missus is now retired from work unfortunately, but thanks for asking[;)]

I still would like an Evo, but im still waiting to get the scoob mapped before I make a decision either way. It certainly feels really different with the new bigger turbo, but is it enough? Big question...!

Good luck though mate, scoobs are dropping in value rapidly. You can pick up a classic WRX  for very little money and slowly build it up if finances allow in the near future.

Cliff

Powergen are on a mission by the sound of it!!.......i've gone to energywatch, and made a complaint, but i accept part of the blame, i could of give them a reading, but i'm stuborn and believe in getting a service. And thought £53 per month was adequate being in the summer i'm hardly at home!!

my other half is now trying to change my mind, she knows how much the car means to me, and she has said sell the passat!......(makes a change as she didn't like the scoob at first!) BUT i'd only get around £2k for it and won't solve many problems and then i still have to keep the scoob on the road (which cost twice as much as the passat).....she is willing to cash in her ISA's to help.........bless her. it's killing me at the mo, i've done signs and everything in the car and ready to change back to standard'ish!...........

PASSAT OR SCOOBY???????????.......I need money, the extra say £1500 for the scoob will help, but £250 per month to keep it on the road!!.........against £120 for the passat to do the same[:'(][:|]

AHHHhhhhhhhhhh!!

I see you have 130000 on th eclock - might be worth giving up the Scooby for a while before you are really forced to getting rid of her - heartbreaking - but in a few months getting a newer one....................Mind you I would never heed that advice - 120000 on ours ( MY99) and we are selling up and going rented and one of the reasons is Scoobies[;)][:$][:)]

Hi! mate, hows the cat!.......and the patter of tiny feet[;)]...not yet!........you erm........thinking about it then are you?[:)].

zippylane, it makes sense really to be safe and sell scooby. but boy will i miss it. no more overtake anything i can kind of thing!!! i wanted my scoob to be parked outside the new house, we'll have to see what happens now, it will stay up for sale, if i get lucky before hand then i'll keep it..........but use the passat a bit more to keep fuel cost down[:S]

cheers, mark