Track Fun Day

<< Does anyone know if there is noise restrictions there??? >>

ive been there 5 or 6 times and the answer is NO

but apparently there is during the week but i think its 105Db

last time i went on a saturday and someone did ask the noiser 1s amongst us face-icon-small-happy.gif to short shift which we didnt lol.

mines got headers,3" downpipe and blitz nur spec r so its not exactly quiet and i didnt get any complaints.

only that the timer needed a calendar instead of a stop-watch for my laps face-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gif

can someone plz give me the link for south west scoobies web-site , cheers, ,

daz

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quoted from booking form ref noise restictions:-

All noise levels are strictly monitored, dB levels will be tested by a member of museum staff using our own equipment according to MSA Blue book Regulations. As a rule the dB level will be measured at 2/3rds of the vhicles maximum RPM output, 1/2 metre distance at 45 degrees parallel to the exhaust. It is at the officials discretion to spot check the dB level during the hire period.

PERMITTED dB LEVELS PER DAY

monday to friday up to 105 dB

SATURDAY up to 101 dB

sundays (no race prepared vehicles) up to 98 dB

<< we only had ours tested at combe for japfest and ben had the standard sti exhaust on then , apparantly ours will be around 115 db now face-icon-small-sad.gif gonna have to find a bung for it or use jd's trick pmslface-icon-small-wink.gif >>

115 ??????????? do you know how loud 115db is

115 is twice as loud as 112

every 3db is double the noise

i have aftermarket headers,3" down-pipe and full blitz nur spec R

mine was 102.7 at castle combe recently.

i was mistaken by the looks of it on the weekend noise limits , , i knew it was 105 during the week but ive been 5 or 6 times on saturdays and have never witnessed any noise meter coming out and we have never had any complaints and the group i go wit are mainly scoobs and evos face-icon-small-smile.gif

also,could you put my name back down as a 'probable' , depending on date

thanks

daz

<< yeah someone said on one of the forums the afterburners are around 115 face-icon-small-blush.gif lol i dont have a clue what it is , we have a full ninja decat with afterburner backbox face-icon-small-happy.gif >>

i replaced the afterburner BB with the blitz BB only originally,, the blitz is much louder,then i went for the full blitz meaning i had to have a new BB as the flange and bore is 3" on the system,even louder,then mated to a H+S 3" downpipe and gt spec headers face-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif

well,you've heard it face-icon-small-wink.gif

<< Its a tight circuit, you will need competition insurance and a few of you will bend your cars.

Enjoy. >>

i'm not going to disagree as i wouldn't want to tempt fate but i have been there 5 or 6 times and the only 2 spills ive seen is olly messing around with a battered nova and handbrake turning it into the tyres,no damage, and a rover 200 series with a 2.5 fitted on DRUM brakes,no abs,that skidded into some tyres and damaged his ridiculously low front splitter.

i have also seen 3(all in the wet) spins but they got lucky....