Track Fun Day

<< Haynes motor museum

out the back they have a track that anyone can hire for a day 10 am - 5 pm , stopping for lunch 1 till 2.theres no officials and basically you can do what you want

for a 5 speed scoob like mine,its basically 1st 2nd and 3rd gears and max speed for a 'normal' 1 would be about 65 round this short track

there was 15 of us racing , , 1 car at a time , all timed . .and we got 9 goes each , 2 laps at a time . .the organisers had stopwatches and time sheets etc

the whole day 10-5 costs iirc approx £350,a deposit is required then you pay the rest on arrival.if we could get 15 and charge £30 each then there would be a bit left over for trophys etc . . .

we do 2 laps at a time , 3 times then change the track . we did this 3 times , , 9 goes each , 2 laps per go , , and 3 different variations . .

i think it would be a great day out if you could arrange something , all drivers and passengers do have to sign a disclaimer saying if we crash then its our own responsibility etc . . but ive been there 6 times and never seen a dent <touch wood> seen a few spins but nowt serious . . .

just a thought

daz

The list so far

1)Scooby Princess

2)edmondo

3)Louise and jamin rat

4)Neil g

5)Jonnygpdv

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

Reserves

1)

2)

3)

4)

5) >>

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd and 3rd gear track ,personally i wouldnt bother with insurance ,guys from swpc use it often and havent heard of anyone doing any damage ,from what i can make out from stormy's autumn blast ,what you have to pay up front if you do claim is silly money £2000 access,but i guess you take your chances ,

<< 2nd and 3rd gear track ,personally i wouldnt bother with insurance ,guys from swpc use it often and havent heard of anyone doing any damage ,from what i can make out from stormy's autumn blast ,what you have to pay up front if you do claim is silly money £2000 access,but i guess you take your chances , >>

Just to let you know that at a SWPC day at Haynes there has been some damage done to someones car

Motorsport is dangerous and there is always a risk but it's up to you if you want to chance it

Hi,

never been to a track day or any other scooby meet for that matter and it looks like the sw region is a pretty close bunch. I'd be interested in coming along to see what goes on and maybe have a pootle around the track. I'll keep an eye on arrangements and see how the dates and costs pan out.face-icon-small-smile.gif

<< Hi,

never been to a track day or any other scooby meet for that matter and it looks like the sw region is a pretty close bunch. I'd be interested in coming along to see what goes on and maybe have a pootle around the track. I'll keep an eye on arrangements and see how the dates and costs pan out.face-icon-small-smile.gif >>

I touch goats