• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haynes motor museum

Haynes track day fun - 29th october 05

I have increased the number as requested but it has increased the cost to £35.00 not £30.00 - I hope everyone is ok with this slight increase.

by the way i have asked for confimation of your attendance plus £10. 00 NON RETURNABLE DEPOSITS (unless we are able to find someone to fill your space then we will refund) required please by 1st october - so far i have recieved one confirmation and that is ed!!!

Erm - might be me but can't see anything about helmets or age restrictions on the site -my 9yr old co-driver will be mad if I don't ask

They do not require helmets.

CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED BUT WITH A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.

working out the prizes but be warned they are not like any other awards! out the back they have a track that anyone can hire for a day 10 am - 5 pm , stopping for lunch 1 till 2.theres no officials and basically you can do what you want

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for a 5 speed scoob like mine,its basically 1st 2nd and 3rd gears and max speed for a 'normal' 1 would be about 65 round this short track

there was 15 of us racing , , 1 car at a time , all timed . .and we got 9 goes each , 2 laps at a time . .the organisers had stopwatches and time sheets etc

the whole day 10-5 costs iirc approx £350,a deposit is required then you pay the rest on arrival.if we could get 15 and charge £30 each then there would be a bit left over for trophys etc . . .

we do 2 laps at a time , 3 times then change the track . we did this 3 times , , 9 goes each , 2 laps per go , , and 3 different variations . .

i think it would be a great day out if you could arrange something , all drivers and passengers do have to sign a disclaimer saying if we crash then its our own responsibility etc

1) Wideybrook

2) edmondo - CONFIRMED/PAID IN FULL

3) Louise and jamin rat

4) Scooby Dazza - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

5) Somerset scooby

6) jonnygpdv

7) Scooby2 (Provisional)

8) Boysey

9) surferboy

10)JR (provisional depending on date)

11)Johnson6672

12)Beachsleeper

13)Joe K

14)Bob

15)jtaylor

Reserves

1)Tannan

2)

3)

4)

5)

Yes and No!

The main reason is to do with haynes putting the price up - 12 is a set price but to add just 3 extra people they are charging and extra £100+face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Did try the "But we are spending more money in the cafe at lunch time, and we are holding our christmas party here" but that didnt work!

But then trophy wise im hoping to do something a little different - as people will see - expect the unexpected!

1) Wideybrook - CONFIRMED/ DEPOSIT PAID

3) Louise and jamin rat - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

5) Somerset scooby - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

6) jonnygpdv - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

7) Scooby2 - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

8) jtaylor - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

9) surferboy - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

10)bob - CONFIRMED

11)Johnson6672 -

12)Beachsleeper -

13)Joe K - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

1) Wideybrook - CONFIRMED/ DEPOSIT PAID

8) jtaylor - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

10)bob - CONFIRMED

11)Johnson6672 -

12)Beachsleeper -

14)Tooquicksilver

15)Devscooby

Haynes motor museum

Haynes track day fun - 29th october 05

I have increased the number as requested but it has increased the cost to £35.00 not £30.00 - I hope everyone is ok with this slight increase.

by the way i have asked for confimation of your attendance plus £10. 00 NON RETURNABLE DEPOSITS (unless we are able to find someone to fill your space then we will refund) required please by 1st october - so far i have recieved one confirmation and that is ed!!!

Erm - might be me but can't see anything about helmets or age restrictions on the site -my 9yr old co-driver will be mad if I don't ask

They do not require helmets.

CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED BUT WITH A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.

working out the prizes but be warned they are not like any other awards! out the back they have a track that anyone can hire for a day 10 am - 5 pm , stopping for lunch 1 till 2.theres no officials and basically you can do what you want

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for a 5 speed scoob like mine,its basically 1st 2nd and 3rd gears and max speed for a 'normal' 1 would be about 65 round this short track

there was 15 of us racing , , 1 car at a time , all timed . .and we got 9 goes each , 2 laps at a time . .the organisers had stopwatches and time sheets etc

the whole day 10-5 costs iirc approx £350,a deposit is required then you pay the rest on arrival.if we could get 15 and charge £30 each then there would be a bit left over for trophys etc . . .

we do 2 laps at a time , 3 times then change the track . we did this 3 times , , 9 goes each , 2 laps per go , , and 3 different variations . .

i think it would be a great day out if you could arrange something , all drivers and passengers do have to sign a disclaimer saying if we crash then its our own responsibility etc

1) Wideybrook - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

8) Bob - CONFIRMED

10)jtaylor - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

11)Johnson6672 -

12)Beachsleeper -

14)Tooquicksilver -

15)Devscooby -

1) edmondo - CONFIRMED/PAID IN FULL

2) Wideybrook - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

8) Bob - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

11)Johnson6672 -

12)Beachsleeper - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

14)Tooquicksilver -

15)Devscooby -

16)Nick -

1st reserve - Glen Eynon

Haynes has agreed to having a max of 16 cars BUT no more. They have also agreed to cut the cost which now means that the cost is reduced to £30.00not £35.00.

) edmondo - CONFIRMED/PAID IN FULL

2) Wideybrook - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

8) Bob - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID

11)Johnson6672 -

12)Beachsleeper - CONFIRMED/DEPOSIT PAID