WTF.... how much?

Greetings, citizens.

Just a quick bitch to complain about the p*ss poor state of subaru prices.. didn't realise how bad it is has got.

Been to look at another motor today (a Merc, I'm afraid..), very tempted until I got the offer on mine as a trade in..

So, mine is as follows:

'98 UK turbo wagon, unmodified, excellent cond, maintained regardless of cost since day one (FSSH and I've got a folder an inch thick full of invoices). Aircon, tracker, and CD multichanger, all the good stuff that people look for when buying. Just over 72K miles, had the 90K service (£700!) last year. Nearly new Goodyear F1's all round.

I paid £8K for it not 18 months ago.. your challenge, people, is to guess what I was offered for it. No guesses will be considered to be a binding offer.. but if anyone is after a classic wagon at a bargain price, now is the time to sing out..

Cheers,

Plug

i dont think part ex is much these days and i reckon with that milage it was about £3k. i like my car so im not that bothered about getting rid of it face-icon-small-smile.gif its getting abit old for my liking but its a cracking car and i only do about 4k miles a year. if anything imthinkig of keeping mine as a toy and buying a normal new car face-icon-small-smile.gif but that means i will have 3 vehicles for myself only face-icon-small-shocked.gif and im not to sure if thats too many

Prices on their arse.. amen to that.

£4300 was what I was offered.. who knows what ropey examples are going for at the moment. Pocket money I dare say, our beloved scoobys will be falling into the hands of the chav community in ever increasing numbers.

Having looked around tonight at what is available on autotrader etc., I have to say (albeit through gritted teeth) that that is all the Scoob is probably worth as a trade-in at the moment. Car dealers may be scum (and second-rate scum, at that) but they still have to earn a living, and I have a knack of buying stuff just before a market crash...

Cheers,

Plug

it doesnt matter which car you buy you will always suffer a loss on resale face-icon-small-wink.gif the next car you buy will be the same when you come to sell that as well, unless you buy a porche 911 as i was once going to buy one and when looking thru the cars the prices all vary but resale loses would be low even if kept for 5 years face-icon-small-smile.gif