Hello from essex

Hey guys 

never joined or posted on a forum before so loosing my virginity here.... twice! 

Im a mechanic by trade and had Subaru’s for years. My uncle was a big part of SIDC back in the day so thought I’d join in also. 

Been looking on here at people’s projects for ages and there seems to be much less attitude on hear than other forums. 

Got 2 interesting cars but have no idea how to upload so will come back to that another day lol

Welcome Andy, yes it can be quiet  on here but if you ever need advice for your cars there's no place better to get it, I find. banter or rants now and then but you've summed it up nicely, little " attitude".   Car looks interesting, cheers.

Hi Andy, We knew Richard for many years and were so sad to hear of his passing.  From the days of servicing and adding performance extras to our Turbo 2000, RB5 and WRX Hawkeye, he never failed to impress.  His attention to detail and professionalism was next to none and of course, in addition to being an Essex Police pursuit trainer, he was a qualified motor engineer.  He would often call in on us when in the area for a cuppa. Very sad, especially having lost Yvette a few years ago.  John

On 28/3/2019 at 19:55, Andy-grimes said:

Thanks ccien.

yes don, did you know him? 

ah i thought i reconized the name. 1999 i joined SIDC Pete and Stef new members were offered a free day with either Richard or another on the pursuit course. But saddly never got to do it.

Altought i did meet him at a few trackdays Brands hatch and Silverstone etc. IIRC. very knowledgeable chap.

anyway welcome to the club

Tony

First meet with Richard was a SIDC skid pan event featuring an old Sierra patrol car with a welded rear diff at Essex Police HQ at Chelmsford- scary or what, but he totally mastered it.  Me, not so good.  Then a friendly chat in the car park when he pointed out that the front inside tyres on the RB5 were spent. Embarrassing, but I didn't get a ticket!! He was a great character...

• Upvote 1

Hi Andy,

Although image size limits are 5782x4000 pixels, forum members are restricted to uploading 2048kb (2MB) per post. 

Full, 10 Year and Lifetime members have no restriction on uploads.  If you have your images stored online you may be able link to them in the post. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...