2015 WRX STi

Unlike previous 5 Imprezas, haven't modified our latest beast. Just a Pipercross panel filter and a Haward & Scott straight through centre section that gives a great sound quite unlike our other flat fours. Wonderful tickover though! As per an earlier post now awaiting fitting of Eibach Pro spring kit. Have promised Mrs Mac that is it. Have said that before...

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/12/2017 at 11:13, scoobiefloz said:

:D Just one more modification.......honest :D

Soon to book the STi into Cambridge Subaru to have the new Eibach springs fitted - will have minor  suspension adjustments dealt with when new Dunlop Sport Maxxes go on soon afterwards. Will report back with an opinion as to whether the Eibachs are as successful as the Prodrives fitted to our previous PPPs. Final mod is to have the calipers repainted in Ferrari red with Brembo decals. Have never been keen on the STi's near black alloys and black calipers! Will post an image for opinions. And that is definitely it so far as mods are concerned...  Watch this space.

Very pleased with the H&S straight though centre section - five previous Imprezas have had their products fitted, but must admit that a wide track STi with straight through and Afterburner back box was too much for popularity in our village and probably most of east Herts! 

The current STi  with OEM back boxes retained gives a  purposeful likeable sound, without major problems in the cabin. Unlike 2.0 flat four rumble, but tick-over lovely!

Are you miles away from SG11?

Sorry to hear of your problems - sadly when caught, uninsured drivers get off lightly...

Thanks - the driver was my mothers neighbours son, so the family are paying for repair, hes got form so they asked to keep the police and insurance out if it £4ks worth of damage! 

Ive seen a few videos of the H&S system and they sound the dogs! 

Im the other side of the country, Cardiff

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Eibachs were at last fitted on Friday at Subaru Cambridge- charged 3.5 hours @ £96.00 per hour, plus HMRC 20% VAT take - any thoughts on that? Didn't think it would take that long, but it was the first spring change they had performed on a 2015 STi.  20 odd mile drive back home down the bumpy, pothole riddled B1368 did seem to offer a slightly more complient ride, or was it my perceived justification for the bill paid?  But definitely memories of the Prodrive spring kits on our previous WRX and STi.  Added to the expense was lunch in Cambridge and Mrs Mac's purchases at Levi shop, Next,  M&S, TK Max  et all. Putting it into perspective, the springs came cheap...

Next expense is Sport Maxxes all round and four wheel alignment.  Happy days!

L. 

• 2 months later...

New Sport Maxx RTs fitted on Tuesday @ reasonable £499.96 inclusive.  Also had four wheel alignment carried out, but on arriving home, discovered they had adjusted to factory 2008 - 2014 Impreza settings, rather than for a 2015 WRX Sti and also overlooked my request to use Eibach camber, caster and toe specs for which I provided a data sheet.  Now back to Cambridge next week to have the job done properly - another 52 mile round trip.  Problem again is that the current WRX STi is such a rare car in this part of the country and is still thought to be an Impreza!

Hope to have the brake calipers repaintd Ferrari red very soon - will post images...

• Upvote 1

Hi Don, I don't criticise easily, but had a bad experience with Stortford Performance Tyres a good many years ago.  Not so much expertise, but appalling attitude which I am never prepared to accept.  Perhaps the guy was having a very, very bad day!!  As it happens, it is Cambridge Performance Tyres that I have used satisfactorily over the years.  Am guaranteed their expert alignment technician will be sorting the STi on wednesday.  I will post the printed post work data sheet.

On 17/4/2018 at 21:09, johnmacdonald said:

Hi Tony, Will be arriving at the Royal Hotel in Ross on 8th July and departing on the 10th. Should hear the H&W straight through approaching from about noon!! ?

yes i,ll hear you before seein it :lol:

• 2 weeks later...