I know that it's been a bit damp of late, but for the first time of owning the WRX since 2006, yesterday I found the spare wheel well with sufficient water in it to support a couple of goldfish or a small duck! My OZ Racing full size spare half submerged. Water appears to have entered driver's side at rear of boot (mat soaked only in that area), but I can't see how or where. Any ideas please?

• 2 weeks later...

Being fairly confident that the spoiler holes were to blame, last weekend I tried the suggestion of sealing under the Zero carbon pods with bathroom mastic. However due to a heavy frost followed by rain, rain and more rain, it didn't have a chance to set and I was left with liquid mastic down the boot and bumper. Having completely removed the spoiler and pods this morning, I believe that water has ingressed via the right hand side spoiler brake light cable hole. Consequently, I have made two gaskets from 1.5mm neoprene and will refit the spoiler tomorrow. Will advise whether successful or otherwise. If not, will consider a waste outlet from the spare wheel well!!

No problem - will do when and if it stops raining! Probably best to pm me your email address as I can't see how I now attach photos to this reply.

John

John,

Clicking the "more reply options" button will give you the advanced setting allowing you to attach files and then add to post option........... :thumbs: