Unequal 4 Branch = Loss Of Flat 4 Burble?

after putting a new 4 branch stainless manifold on last year ive lost the classic burble. i have a straight cut 3in stainless one pice exhust and change it fo. r a two piece with the front bullit in line silencer on but tho it made it quieter i seem to have lost a bit of power like its strangling it a bit but still no burble. has anyone come across this when fitting 4 branch manifolds? below is a pic of the manifold .

IMAG0249-1.jpg

i miss the burble but am also wondering if when i get it mapped it might make a difference as the ecu will be matched to the flow. it was a standard manifold on before. :Wales-flag:

Mapping with your headers won't change the tone.

Personally Alun, I would be getting a set of standard headers sent to Alyn at AS Performance, get them ported and get a trick up pipe while your at it. You'll get the burble back and gain a few hundred rpm in spool which will make a noticeable difference come mapping time.

not sure what type/make. but hey are un equal length so not sure why it lost the burble chris. ive not lost power having the 4 branch , only when i put the 2 piece 2 silencer system i lost a bit of top end power. yet the striaght thru 1 silence is fine. and wha kind of price would that set me back lewis as like the sound of that with the standard manifold lewis. also is there much benifit between the stainless 4 branch and the standard?

You'd really need to speak to Alyn about prices but probably between £200 and £250 for ported and heat wrapped headers plus another £140 I think for the trick up pipe. Don't quote me on that thiough. Alyn is a good honest trader, will always strive for the best price and his service is second to none.

If you were worried about cost for the headers and up pipe I'd suggest just the up pipe as that's where the gains are made really, the porting is mostly removing the cast imperfections.

Where headers and up pipes are concerned its a common misconception that bigger is better - wrong. With increased bore, you reduce the velocity of exhaust gas - that's not good. Using the standard bore headers and smoothing out the imperfections in the casts, and fitting an up pipe with its outlet matched to the size of your turbo inlet, gas flow is smoother, less turbulent and of a higher velocity which inturn spools up the turbo quicker.

The only advantage I see on tubular headers over standard cast ones is of weight saving or if you were going for 400hp+.

Fck me Bryan, was that English or an arrangement of words? :lol:

lol

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: ive just noticed they are equal. never noticed that before .i thought the n/s ones went straight in but they dont............ :censored: :censored: :censored: right will have to see about puting the standard one back on and do likde lewis said and get a trick up pipe

nah phill. would like to sit around the 350 mark and that will be me happy. if i want more i would do what i thought of doing when i went to see lewis's ra, buy one with more powere already. i have noticed since putting on the japspeed that i do have have a slower boost up now. i thought it was the ratiois in the box when i did it up but thinking about it it was a slower spool before i did the box. so think i will just have to bite the bullit and go thru the rigmapole of changing headers again :angry:

aye i know lweis. matthew at wallace said at the last rr i went too that it was overfueling up to n5 k rpm then starts to run a bit lean. but was told its a safe power at the mo just dont go doing track mdays lol. new map and ecu with pump , fpr, and 550 inj once i getrid of the 440 i have will cure it all

I was reading somewhere (I'll try and find the article) that was talking about the SS unequal headers and saying they tend to have much less of the burble at tickover and sound like a superbike at higher revs, more like equal length. if I find it, I'll send you the link.