Colin Mcrae

Well today would be Colin's birthday and therefore I thought it would be good to get people to post up their favourite pictures or videos of Colin in action.

His flip at x games just goes to show what a talented driver he was.

Edited by mctwistuk

Haven't sorted this photo bucket lark yet so no photo to post up. Was looking through my old photos the other day and found my first ever photo I took of Colin driving, or rather the back end of a very fast legacy going through Kielder forest in the Pirelli Rally of 1992. Was in a class of his own in those days, absolutely committed, no fear, just a blur round a bend then away, fantastic noise that started me noticing and thinking seriously about Subaru,s. fantastic memory even now.

Haven't sorted this photo bucket lark yet so no photo to post up. Was looking through my old photos the other day and found my first ever photo I took of Colin driving, or rather the back end of a very fast legacy going through Kielder forest in the Pirelli Rally of 1992. Was in a class of his own in those days, absolutely committed, no fear, just a blur round a bend then away, fantastic noise that started me noticing and thinking seriously about Subaru,s. fantastic memory even now.

Not sure if you have seen this wee how to? Shows how to post pics using the uploader option instead of photobucket

Edited by mctwistuk

Best memory is from Kershope Forest on the 1995 RAC Rally. A buzz, atmosphere and sense of anticipation I have never again experienced at a rally.

Clip below is from the 1992 Arctic Rally. A stage on a frozen lake. Mesmerising display of car control

Without doubt, I'll never forget seeing this on telly...

null_zps70325d66.jpg

Love that picture and the video clip of the cars coming through there: one of those little clips that demonstrated just how aggressive McRae was at the wheel.

Although the die-hard rally fans rubbished the X-Games rallying thats still one of my fave clips of McRae in action. The car control is sublime (up until the point when he rolls!) and there isn't a moment of hesitation when he lands: quality!

Its not exclusively McRae, but this clip would be my choice...

...I prefered the look of the WRCars that followed, but the sight and sound of McRae in a Group A Impreza is what sold rally to me as a youngster.

As for picture, its this one...

2328012713_cb0d2f9440_b.jpg

...its a pretty rubbish picture, but I took this on the Saturday at the Festival of Speed 2007 (McRae's last public appearance). Myself and the girlfriend got absolutely pelted with rocks as I took this, as McRae was taking the corner way faster than anyone else (how unusual!): the day after the fence had been hastily moved back about 6 feet!

Best memory is from Kershope Forest on the 1995 RAC Rally. A buzz, atmosphere and sense of anticipation I have never again experienced at a rally.

Clip below is from the 1992 Arctic Rally. A stage on a frozen lake. Mesmerising display of car control

If the Romans had snowploughs, they would have driven their snowplough in a straight line across the ice. Thankfully this snowplough driver was pissed and created a rally stage of almost 90 corners (yes, I counted!). Fantastic, amazing driving by Colin :driving:

Not sure how I missed this line on my first read through the thread. The onboard videos from McRae on the '95 RAC are some of the few I've watched where you can clearly hear the sound of the crowd inside the car: must have been incredible to have actually been there!