Subaru Approved Used Warrenty?

Have the dreaded rear strut knocking issue. Have 2 issues with warrenty. One the garage is charging for the diagnostics and 2 the warrenty company need the struts out before they will authorise the work.

Has anyone had this before with regards too the warrenty? On my last hawk when the struts went no charge at all was made to me and also on previous marques when i have had warrenty work done.

Yeah, my 2006 Hwak STi is covered with one of these and I have a mate who used for work for subaru.

The struts aren't covered I don't believe, but the garage might cover it for you under the Sale of Goods Act. In effect there's double cover, the Subaru Warranty and the place you got it from.

If you cut the place a deal, they might help you out: "If I put in £200 for the diag of the issue and some of the parts, will you pay for the rest of the work?" Dingles in Norwich were excellent to me when I thought I needed to make a claim.

Goes without saying... but if someone knows better I'm happy to stand corrected :-)

I've heard many stories of dealers dragging their heels when the hawkeye struts issue comes up. Most do finally get resolved after going straight to Subaru UK /IM Group and explaining the situation to them directly, then let them contact the dealer that's doing the work.

Not necessarily a quick fix but it has gotten the situation resolved in the cases I've heard of.

Yeah, my 2006 Hwak STi is covered with one of these and I have a mate who used for work for subaru.The struts aren't covered I don't believe, but the garage might cover it for you under the Sale of Goods Act. In effect there's double cover, the Subaru Warranty and the place you got it from.If you cut the place a deal, they might help you out: "If I put in £200 for the diag of the issue and some of the parts, will you pay for the rest of the work?" Dingles in Norwich were excellent to me when I thought I needed to make a claim.Goes without saying... but if someone knows better I'm happy to stand corrected :-)

Thats a bugger that there no covered. Any idea why not as all 4 got replaced under warranty on my last hawk no questions asked and that was approved used as well.

I've heard many stories of dealers dragging their heels when the hawkeye struts issue comes up. Most do finally get resolved after going straight to Subaru UK /IM Group and explaining the situation to them directly, then let them contact the dealer that's doing the work. Not necessarily a quick fix but it has gotten the situation resolved in the cases I've heard of.

Going by the above it looks like I will have to go down this route as fell out with the local garage about warrant work today and to hell if they are getting my business or stick in replacement shocks or go the whole hog and get a set of coil overs fitted.

Anyone have any suggestions on replacement shocks/coil overs?

TBH westra I haven't pushed it. But it's going in for a service in a few weeks, so I suspect they'll pick it up then. If I can get it fixed I will; happy to cut them a deal if it speeds things up too.

Otherwise I'll be making a lithium grease purchase!!!

TBH westra I haven't pushed it. But it's going in for a service in a few weeks, so I suspect they'll pick it up then. If I can get it fixed I will; happy to cut them a deal if it speeds things up too.

Otherwise I'll be making a lithium grease purchase!!!

just bought a can today, going to go for the jack up and spray option before its new shocks/grease nipple option.