Highland Fling '13 Over......

as theres one or two not in on the facebook banter and pics thought Id stick up a post here to say a huge thanks to everyone who came along and made the 2013 Fling a tremendous weekend and definitely the most eventful Fling ever!!!

The usual great banter and amazing scenery but this years breakdowns gave a chance to show the community spirit that makes this so special :)

So thanks again, feel free to stick your pics up those who were there and those who werent....... see you next year ;)

Dave 'Flingmeister' Shanks :Scottish-flag:

• Upvote 1

I think £80 will cover it, I imported it you know :P

But on a serious note, excellent time was had, what a journey. As Paul said, the cars got pushed at times that went beyond expectations, then cooled down with some nice corners and passing locals.

Just the right mix, Saturday was definitely the highlight for us both. Meeting new faces to put to old forum users and 99% great driving by all.

Cant wait till the next one, it definitely blows any show out the park......

Special mention to Don, Matty and Louise for making the journey up. Was great to see them, and im sure Bryan was grateful :)

Guys, feel free to post my pictures up here from my Facebook page as its too much of a faff doing it on here for my liking :-)

Great weekend, got a few issues to resolve with the car following my return home :-(

D

Was a grate weekend away a must for any Scooby driver and newbies this was my first 1 and even the wife wants to go agen and she's not into cars that much more point a to b

Lol so if you love Scoobys and driveing get yer name down for the fling 2014 you won't b disappointed.

Nothing better than a blast true the highlands hearing the flat 4s just a really grate weekend

Thanks to the foke that wer involved in organising the fling top job

got it, thanks guys.

Now Scoobless as my daughter is about to learn to drive and the Impreza wasn't going to impress the insurance people.

Got a decent price from an enthusiast so happyish and picking up a 1.4 fiesta tomorrow and have been giving the Impreza ownership thing some thought and to summarise;

Will miss good points;

turbo shove

exhaust and induction noise

TRACTION

ability to destroy a twisty, even wet section of road without drama and look after you with ability to spare (the car that is)

snowy winters

purposeful looks

fairly practical space wise too

Subaru community

reasonable running costs comparitively

Won't miss;

RIDE COMFORT

nothing below 2500 rpm

bloody alarm set up

godspeed brakes (just for Dave)

Pros outweigh cons so its been a worthwhile experience which may tempt me back one day if I'm not too old and grumpy though goodness knows what the choice will be in a few years time.

thanks to all for your advise and help over the last 3 flings especially lead man Dave.

sorry my bad just remembered . did meet yourself and daughter and had dinner with yous. was good chating away and crap your getting rid of it but hopefully ypu return to the fold. even with a wee cheap classic as a weekend toy to run about it when you feel the urge.

Edited by thebigfelly

1st time i'd met you at the fling and struggled to catch you on those twisty roads at times. Shame you had to get rid of the Impreza but needs must I guess. Good to hear you got a good price and a fellow enthusiast has got it. Maybe see you back at the Fling one year with an Sti like you mentioned. :icon_salut:

Shame you had to sell Myles but someones got a cracking car - yours was an excellent reminder of just how capable a standard car is!

Been a pleasure to have you along on our jaunts and dont be a stranger, sure we can tempt you back one day :D