Sideways Subaru

But there is ONLY ONE LOTUS.......................

:icon_pray:

Because the background is only one frame of the 4.

If this is the case, I'm more impressed by the focus on the Impreza. Normally a focal length like that would induce compromises elsewhere, unless it ws really bright.... In any case, its a pleasure to look at the thread and the picture again. Very well done :)

Because the background is only one frame of the 4.

If this is the case, I'm more impressed by the focus on the Impreza. Normally a focal length like that would induce compromises elsewhere, unless it ws really bright.... In any case, its a pleasure to look at the thread and the picture again. Very well done :)

I know that, I was angling at a spooky/magic type of comedy. Didn't work obviously lol

Thanks all,

it is indeed a composite image made up from 4 seperate shots which were taken as part of a sequence hand held, and then stitched together using Photoshop Elements (can't afford the full version of photoshop). This took quite a few hours editing, as it was the first time I've tried something like this and was struggling with the concept of layers and how to get bits of the background layer to show through. There is only one shot of the VX220, as the focus was on Ben's car (which filled most of the frame), and it only appears once in the final frame.

I didn't select around the image of the car and paste it onto the background, but instead stitched together shots of the car complete with background so that the tyre tracks lined up under the wheels of each car shot, and gave a continouous background image. I used mostly the centre portion of each frame, so there wasn't too much of an issue with barrel distorsion and compression. The shots were taken on a Canon 1D using a Canon 100-400 lens.

The full size image is approx 12700 pixels by 3500 pixels!

very noce pic indeed. didnt realise itbwas the same motor at first viewing it from my phone. thot it was four of then and the one at front going sideways. then looked more closer and sww it was the same.

top pic lad and very sharp and detailed. never tried photoshop stuff myself either

• 1 month later...