Road Tax 2013/2014 Rates

With my tax disc renewal in April I tend to keep an eyee out on the Budget just a few weeks before hand to see how much I will REALLY be paying at renewal.. This year I didn't spot any details of an increase int eh budget but it appears the tax bands have been tweaked. Paying 280 this year instead of the expected 270 Grrr!

VED_Rates_2013_14.png

PDF Doc of new Rates

Anyone know where or when these increases were announced?

Edited by ScoUK

I think you should be taxed on how much you drive. A subaru creates less co2 in its entire life time than a prius or leaf take to make. So why tax the bigger engine more? Those who only drive weekend cars also feel the sting to.

If yoh drive your scooby for say 100 miles on a weekend compared to a 3 series bmw doing 400 miles a week. Why does the subaru get taxed more but creates less co2?

Jeezo Al, a whole tenner, best scrap it then :smiley-taunt014:

I did come close to having to take it off the road last year.. :(

At this time of year those who get reminders through go to the post office or whatever to renew and suddenly realise the cost to renew is more than what it said on the letter through the post.

For the record.. I agree with the pay as you drive idea. DOn't want the government to create a new payg tax as we have that on fuel anyway.. Scrap the road tax add a couple pennies (or whatever) onto fuel and put that money back into the road network instead (Wasn't it blair/brown that took that money away for other uses?), that way those who drive heavy/gas guzzling cars or do high mileage pay more at the pump but the money goes back into maintaining the road network which they use! Makes sense to me.. Ok may harm very high milage company vehicles which need to use the roads day in day out.. but then just have system where a subsidy is given for company vehicles to claim back some of the cost, not necessarily all at the end fo the financial year..

P.s. Anyone seen the HUGE craters there are on the southbound A9 just north of perth recently!! :redcard:

Edited by ScoUK

I think you should be taxed on how much you drive. A subaru creates less co2 in its entire life time than a prius or leaf take to make. So why tax the bigger engine more? Those who only drive weekend cars also feel the sting to.

If yoh drive your scooby for say 100 miles on a weekend compared to a 3 series bmw doing 400 miles a week. Why does the subaru get taxed more but creates less co2?

Quite rare these days too.. Dont see many bugs on the go.. (puts flame suit on before bugeye haters club comes along!) Mostly classics & blobs around here with the odd hatch and hawkeye..

Edited by ScoUK