First Lincolnshire Meet!

Fricking camera is going in the bin! lol

Well where to start with the thanks?

Firstly, thanks have to go to Scoobyjosh for allowing us to invade the pub - it's an amazing place and it will certainly not be the last time we visit, the food was out of this world (even though Joe is hungry AGAIN - knew he should have had dessert :))

Big thanks also go to you all for attending our first meet, without you all making the effort there would be no meet - simple as.

Kim & Don - what can I say? Your efforts to attend despite Lincoln not being local to you are so, so appreciated and much love to you both.

Now that is all said, I'm going to TRY and find a couple of decents pics to put up just to prove my camera isn't that bad after all! ;)

Rach

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fricking camera is going in the bin! lol

Well where to start with the thanks?

Firstly, thanks have to go to Scoobyjosh for allowing us to invade the pub - it's an amazing place and it will certainly not be the last time we visit, the food was out of this world (even though Joe is hungry AGAIN - knew he should have had dessert :))

Big thanks also go to you all for attending our first meet, without you all making the effort there would be no meet - simple as.

Kim & Don - what can I say? Your efforts to attend despite Lincoln not being local to you are so, so appreciated and much love to you both.

Now that is all said, I'm going to TRY and find a couple of decents pics to put up just to prove my camera isn't that bad after all! ;)

Rach

Just got in and waitingfor kettle to boil. May have to try out the CIDRE Chalice later, thanks Josh. :beer::thumbup:

Great meet, great people and an excellent pub. Well worth the trip.

When's the next one Rach ????

Fricking camera is going in the bin! lolWell where to start with the thanks?Firstly, thanks have to go to Scoobyjosh for allowing us to invade the pub - it's an amazing place and it will certainly not be the last time we visit, the food was out of this world (even though Joe is hungry AGAIN - knew he should have had dessert :))Big thanks also go to you all for attending our first meet, without you all making the effort there would be no meet - simple as. Kim & Don - what can I say? Your efforts to attend despite Lincoln not being local to you are so, so appreciated and much love to you both.Now that is all said, I'm going to TRY and find a couple of decents pics to put up just to prove my camera isn't that bad after all! ;) Rach

im off to get a chinky in a bit (Food) so i know how joe feels.It was a pleasure and SIDC are always welcome.I think the loyalty scheme that we do would be a good idea i can start us a card up and put points on from today and have a few meets before crimbo and it will give us a good start on drinks/food come christmas or when ever we meet up for a dooooooooooo.

J

Just got in and waitingfor kettle to boil. May have to try out the CIDRE Chalice later, thanks Josh. :beer::thumbup: Great meet, great people and an excellent pub. Well worth the trip. When's the next one Rach ????

haha you mean a CIDER in your PINT glass :P and you made it back in good time you rebel. :headbang:

Just got in and waitingfor kettle to boil. May have to try out the CIDRE Chalice later, thanks Josh. :beer::thumbup:

Great meet, great people and an excellent pub. Well worth the trip.

When's the next one Rach ????

We have the Peak District run in 3 weeks time Don, then we have RallyDay and Trax so I should think the next Lincoln meet will be sometime in September :o (sounds such a long time away but I'm sure it'll be here before we know it).

im off to get a chinky in a bit (Food) so i know how joe feels.It was a pleasure and SIDC are always welcome.I think the loyalty scheme that we do would be a good idea i can start us a card up and put points on from today and have a few meets before crimbo and it will give us a good start on drinks/food come christmas or when ever we meet up for a dooooooooooo.

J

I think the loyalty card is a very good idea, I can guarantee we will be visiting you again soon plus holding our Christmas meal there has already been discussed by several of us so when do we have to book it by? ;)

I think the loyalty card is a very good idea, I can guarantee we will be visiting you again soon plus holding our Christmas meal there has already been discussed by several of us so when do we have to book it by? ;)

well a date will have to be arranged then go from there if we have meet in september we can arrange then.If its a midweek day i.e wed/thurs can sort a 'better' deal. Our christmas meal is usually around 19.95pp (starters,mains,desserts,coffee mince pies) and is always a hit i also hope to have some movement on the rooms. Singles are priced at 67.50 doubles twins 85.00 triple 100.00 but i can get these all at a good rate we also have superior rooms but will be same price throughout.All rooms are en suite etc. once we get numbers sorted (ish) i can start working out discounts which should be substantial for you guys :)

just pm me rach if any info is needed.

J

well a date will have to be arranged then go from there if we have meet in september we can arrange then.If its a midweek day i.e wed/thurs can sort a 'better' deal. Our christmas meal is usually around 19.95pp (starters,mains,desserts,coffee mince pies) and is always a hit i also hope to have some movement on the rooms. Singles are priced at 67.50 doubles twins 85.00 triple 100.00 but i can get these all at a good rate we also have superior rooms but will be same price throughout.All rooms are en suite etc. once we get numbers sorted (ish) i can start working out discounts which should be substantial for you guys :)

just pm me rach if any info is needed.

J

Fantastic! We'll definately sort this soon :thumbup:

hya all and thanks for a cracking sunday afternoon,good to put faces to names and thanks for being gentle lol,looking forward to future meets and laffs especially the peak district run,cracking pub and great company couldnt ask to be made more welcome big pats on backs to organisers left grinning from ear to ear :smiley-taunt014: see you all soon cheers :D

Hi all

Big thanks to josh for having us,just tested out cidre chalice..tastes so much better :beer:

Big thanks to rach for organising it all :thumbs:

Good to get everyone around big table,think it helps when you don't know anyone.

Great first meeting,good to meet you all here's to the next one :occasion14:

hya all and thanks for a cracking sunday afternoon,good to put faces to names and thanks for being gentle lol,looking forward to future meets and laffs especially the peak district run,cracking pub and great company couldnt ask to be made more welcome big pats on backs to organisers left grinning from ear to ear :smiley-taunt014: see you all soon cheers :D

Hi all

Big thanks to josh for having us,just tested out cidre chalice..tastes so much better :beer:

Big thanks to rach for organising it all :thumbs:

Good to get everyone around big table,think it helps when you don't know anyone.

Great first meeting,good to meet you all here's to the next one :occasion14:

Glad you both enjoyed it as much as I did - I couldn't have wished for a better 1st meet and the thanks are very much appreciated. Any anxiety I had before the meet was increased ten fold when we got stuck in the traffic and I knew we were going to be late but that was dispelled as soon as we arrived and saw what a great turn out we had.

Scoobyjoff - the next 3 weeks can't pass quick enough I'm SO excited about the Peak District run! :boldblue:

Scoobro - real shame you can't make it to the run but hopefully there'll be another one in the not too distant future (unless the route I've planned turns out to be really pants and nobody ever wants to repeat it :o )

I would like to echo everyone elses comments on thanks to Rachel for organising a great event, to Josh for hosting. The food was indeed lovely :-)

The kids had a great time too

Was great to meet a load of new people, so very much looking forward to the Peak District Run and Rally Day!

See you all again soon

I would like to echo everyone elses comments on thanks to Rachel for organising a great event, to Josh for hosting. The food was indeed lovely :-)

The kids had a great time too

Was great to meet a load of new people, so very much looking forward to the Peak District Run and Rally Day!

See you all again soon

My pleasure Chris, hope the kids had fun in Skeggy! :D

We have the Peak District run in a couple of weeks if you're interested?

Busy weekend but I am going to try to get across.

Rude not to as it is my old stamping ground.

The area around Bradfield is very photogenic and a big line of scoobies along the dam at Langsett Reservoir would be good

D

• 5 weeks later...