Members Rides' Feature Wanted For May's True Grip

Want your car featured in the Readers Rides in May's True Grip? Have a handful of high resolution images?

Then get in touch via pm and we'll feature your pride and joy in the club's award winning e-magazine.

:)

Any chance of "Vimmy" doing an article on his high mileage scooby? : This sort of achievement - and a few examples of how to make them last, would be interesting to more than a few SIDC members Im sure. Just as interesting as all the polish and bling.

If you think it would be of general interest I don't mind doing something. I was going to offer something on my wee car, but there are ar better examples of cars out there worthy of a write up :) My engine bay is a bit mingin' as its in between mods and Im ashamed to show it lol.

Cheers,

Col

If you think it would be of general interest I don't mind doing something. I was going to offer something on my wee car, but there are ar better examples of cars out there worthy of a write up :) My engine bay is a bit mingin' as its in between mods and Im ashamed to show it lol.

Cheers,

Col

I think the few comments on the other thread where you posted shows theres a bit of interest. I might seem a bit crazy saying this but thinking ahead a few years, isnt it worthwhile thinking we are doing our bit keeping these great machines going on and on. Would be great to think in 10-20 yrs time it can still be going strong andused daily, not just a weekend toy. They are so iconic, its worth it. Personally a few articles on high mileage cars and any experiences that helped keep them going, will be interesting and maybe useful prompt some useful ideas, for example things I picked up off the site like rusty sumps (so sand and hammerite even if it looks OK) and front cross members behind the bumper on classics rusting through- so keep an eye on my newage and again, strip back and hammerite- but your experiences on things like only a 2nd clutch at 240K gives inspiration - honest! No more to say I am goin mad!

Yikes looks like a gotta lot of cleaning to do, time for a visit to the shops to buy some elbow grease.

I'm more than happy to share what I've done, or not, to the car over the period of time that I've had it. It's still a work in progress and a constant project with bits coming and going. It's not quite the original,car it once was and im a bit if a tinkerer so it may not have the standard look.

I'll have to speak to the editorial team about possible wordage and photo space or I'll just write in a tiny wee font to get it all in, I do tend to blether on about the car as its the love of my life, just don't tell the wife ;) and I can gas for hours but I'll have to reign it in a tad.

Cheers,

Col.

I'll have to speak to the editorial team about possible wordage and photo space or I'll just write in a tiny wee font to get it all in, I do tend to blether on about the car as its the love of my life, just don't tell the wife ;) and I can gas for hours but I'll have to reign it in a tad.

Cheers,

Col.

We can always edit it Col if we think you're waffling on a bit ;)