1st April South West drive out

Indeed! Good to meet up the other day mate!

Headlights are safely back in the car too!

Can't wait to see these lights and how they look. Any joy on fitting the exhaust? If not I'll give you a hand on Saturday morning as I'm staying in Bridgy this weekend.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok!

I hope you guys don't mind but I've booked us in to have a drink,food & a chat,at the blue ball nr lynmouth,(the old sandpiper inn)! It's the only place enroute that can & will be able to take us,we can arrive after 2 pm,but food is cooked to order,but won't be ready till about 3pm!

So have a hearty breakfast guys!

I hope you don't mind me butting in & doing this!

As for photo shoots:

There's the rest & b'thankful!

A car park in horner!

Or the blue ball itself!

Any other ideas are most welcome!

Yeah it was not brilliant, but at least Jimmer has given this lot prior warning :)

Jimmer, you gonna put up your suggested route? We also need to look at potential catch up points in case we get seperated, so once you have planned a route we ought to google map it and see if there any laybys. The route needs to avoid right turn T junctions if possible and town centres with traffic lights. However towns with supermarket carparks are ok I suppose. Just my two penneth worth.

So terry no!

The route I'm thinking of is:

A361(mid devon link) to tiverton,at roundabout take A396 Bampton, at the exeter inn roundabout take first exit signposted minehead (A396) follow this road till the black cat garage junction, go straight ahead,follow this road all the way to weddon cross,where the first stop will be at the rest & b'thankful which is on the left !(if enough room in car park)!

Go out of car park on to dunkery beacon where we wind up to the top of exmoor (loads of layby's to wait)! Follow road down to horner where if we need to take a photo there is a decentcar park for us! If not follow road to porlock,where we get onto the A39,up porlock hill,loads of layby's,stop at the blue ball countisbury hill ,carry on the A39 all the way to barnstaple,then the great A377 to exeter, anymore stops enroute just post up!

Edited by jimmer

cool beans yea i could do with a couple of postcodes start and finish il put erm in the satnav just in case we get seperated, which we will if there is 20 of us and knowing my luck il get lost. Horndog the brakes look good! if you got time bring it up mine before, say on the sat we will give yours a clean/shampoo/clay bar/machine polish and wax? and i need to get that exhaust gasket sorted! apparently weather is going to hold!! :icon_flower:

If scoobycat is coming from down the m5 were meeting @ 11.30 @ the tiverton services,if not exeter @ 11am!

If the route is ok with everyone,the old tivvy road to dulverton,then to the rest & b'thankful for photo shoot!

The hardest bit is finding a place that will accomadate,nearly 20 cars,so any info will be great!

This is the pub we stopped at. Huge car park but you cant see it, the photo was taken while standing in it, its on the other side of the road to the pub. The food was exellent !

http://www.exmoorsandpiper.com/

Edited by rich 300

Can't wait to see these lights and how they look. Any joy on fitting the exhaust? If not I'll give you a hand on Saturday morning as I'm staying in Bridgy this weekend.

Should be gettting fitted on the cheap tomorrow along with my new brake pads and braided hoses! I can't wait.

The only thing I though about the current route is that us Somerset boys travelling in the wrong direction nearly 100% of the time!

1. SpecT

2. Jimmer

3. Bungster

4. beefoss

5. j wrx tonkins

6. chrishornsey29

7. Neil wrx

8. Simon Driver

9. Criddy?

10. STImulant29

11. Adrian & Gemma

12. Plodster