1st April South West drive out

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still having trouble ?

never ending! well thats what it feels like, first it was clunking front pads which the problem was corroded calipers got new calipers and on waiting them to turn up my rear discs start making a strange sound take it garage and they are ****ed they are like sandpaper and worn down a brand new set of pads in six months which the other garage who fitted these pads did not pick up on, so was fair pissed off at this point! so anyway had the discs and calipers fitted only after to find that every time i put my foot on the brake it clunks now and we are not shore why its still doing it i know people have had the same issue but i want it sorted as its annoying, then when i take it back for him to look at my aux belt is making a racket low and behold i need a new pulley bearing for it which subaru could not get till monday and it goes in wednesday to be fixed just hope it doesn't go as i wont be able to drive it:( and on top of that today it sounds like the new rear discs have started sticking today oh and tracking feels dodgey.........ffs sake i want my honda back lol

Mine has cost me around £2k this last few weeks with the clutch giving out and the front brakes being sorted. I hope it all comes good for you mate.

Rich, would your guys join us on the run?

wow that is a lot of money in a few weeks, i thought what i spent was bad lol, i would defo got rid of mine if was gonna cost that! but yeah thanks mate i hope it gets sorted too ;)

Perhaps a change of route...

Could go from the link road to nearly Barnstable. Then head through Combe Martin, Lynton, Lynmouth and head to Porlock hill that way. Much more scenic and twisty with the odd bit to blast along too!

Tonkins mate, I know the pain. My pads have started to rub on the front of my new discs and looks like they've scored the discs near the hub so getting new pads as can't work out why they're rubbing, yet my everyday hack so still need to use it until the pads arrive!

Oh and to anyone who cares... lol The blackening of my headlights is completed and they are refitted

Could go from the link road to nearly Barnstable. Then head through Combe Martin, Lynton, Lynmouth and head to Porlock hill that way. Much more scenic and twisty with the odd bit to blast along too!

Tonkins mate, I know the pain. My pads have started to rub on the front of my new discs and looks like they've scored the discs near the hub so getting new pads as can't work out why they're rubbing, yet my everyday hack so still need to use it until the pads arrive!

Oh and to anyone who cares... lol The blackening of my headlights is completed and they are refitted

The route i have been on was as follows, Exeter,Crediton,Tiverton,Wheddon Cross,Simonsbath,Lynmouth,Porlock,Minehead,Dunster,Back to Wheddon Cross and Tiverton and home. We stopped at a pub - cant remember the name - but is known as the pub formely known as the Sandpiper Inn.

Maybe you can pick some bits out of that ?

savage mate yeah does suck when its your everyday car as mine is too, hope you get it sorted bud.

Print this pageDistance: 44.8 miles (show in km)

Time: 1 hr 29 min

0.00 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

Start out Barnstaple Park & Ride B3138 0.02 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At mini-roundabout turn right onto Bishop's Tawton Road - B3138

Signposted Taunton, Exeter M5

A361 0.24 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At Bishops Tawton roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A361

Signposted Bideford, Bude A39, Barnstaple, Ilfracombe

0.73 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At Lake Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A361

Signposted Barnstaple, Ilfracombe

1.75 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At Sticklepath Junction continue forward onto the A361

Signposted Ilfracombe

2.53 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At traffic signals turn left onto the A361

Signposted Ilfracombe, Braunton

3.93 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

Warning: Speed Cameras along the A361

5.38 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At Chivenor Cross Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A361

Signposted Ilfracombe

6.44 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A361

Signposted Ilfracombe

12.56 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At Mullacott Cross roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A361

Signposted Ilfracombe

14.65 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A361

B3230 15.40 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

Turn right onto New Barnstaple Road - B3230

Signposted Barnstaple

15.49 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

Arrive on New Barnstaple Road

Section time 0:30, Total time 0:30

B3230 15.49 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

Start out on New Barnstaple Road

A399 15.57 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At T-junction turn right onto the A399

Signposted Combe Martin

20.59 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

Arrive on Corner Lane

Section time 0:10, Total time 0:40

A399 20.59 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

Start out on Corner Lane

A39 25.23 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

At Blackmoor Gate Junction. turn left onto the A39

Signposted Lynton, Lynmouth

B3234 31.72 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

Turn left onto Barbrook Road - B3234

Signposted Lynton

A39 33.18 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

Turn left onto the A39

44.80 Show Map | Hotels | RestaurantsTurn right onto Doverhay

Signposted Doverhay

44.82 Show Map | Hotels | Restaurants

Arrive on Doverhay (Porlock)

Section time 0:48, Total time 1:29

If you look at this on a map it takes us straight around the coast.

1. SpecT

2. Jimmer

3. Bungster

4. beefoss

5. j wrx tonkins

6. chrishornsey29

7. Neil wrx

8. Simon Driver

9. Criddy?

10. STImulant29

11. Adrian & Gemma

12. Plodster

13. Chris Hall

14. Scoobycatt

15. Paul Scooby-doo Beswick

16. Emz Street

17. SamJam

18. Capn Jerry

1. SpecT

2. Jimmer

3. Bungster

4. beefoss

5. j wrx tonkins

6. chrishornsey29

7. Neil wrx

8. Simon Driver

9. Criddy?

10. STImulant29

11. Adrian & Gemma

12. Plodster

13. Chris Hall

14. Scoobycatt

15. Paul Scooby-doo Beswick

16. Emz Street

17. SamJam

18. Capn Jerry

19. p1 murch

another one down who will hopefully be coming, should be a fair old meet if everyone turns up :thumbs:

If scoobycat is coming from down the m5 were meeting @ 11.30 @ the tiverton services,if not exeter @ 11am!

If the route is ok with everyone,the old tivvy road to dulverton,then to the rest & b'thankful for photo shoot!

The hardest bit is finding a place that will accomadate,nearly 20 cars,so any info will be great!

Edited by jimmer

Morning all. Back safe and sound from my epic trip across France covered 500 miles very quick miles at that. Some brilliant roads over there, miles and miles of straight roads. Had a good blast and an awesome race with a M3 evo lets say top speed was some way into three figures, hopefully i'll get some pictures and vids up.

Looks like this thread has seen some action whilst i have been away, can't believe how many people are going. Rob if you are going do you and chris want to meet at Broadway car park and then meet the rest at exeter services.