highland fling banter thread '12

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a mind heart attack as the OH said 'Is that not the weekend we're down at Glasgow at Mrs Browns Boys?' Thankfully it's not.

Back to Applecross - great news......I'll maybe get to travel back across/down the road this year!

The guy who was with me last year (Don) met a girl in Inveness on the Friday before the run last year and they're still going out and considering moving to China....could it be the 1st 'fling induced marriage (although we HAVE had a proposal on the trip before)?

Any bonnet ornaments this year will be taken as a souvenir....still not had the damage fixed from last year.....must do in time for the fling!

Did the mad bikers insurance not sort out the damage then!

Yes/no - they've admitted liability but it been me doing (not doing) the leg work so it's not been fixed yet.

or if its not fixed at least a good sticker like last time covring it :D

happy days about Don - cant beat inverness girls, though dont let Lorna hear that as shes from glasgae.... ;)

take it that means the whole fling will get a wedding invite then? :Scottish-flag:

The girl is from Peterhead....pretty much like Weegies but rougher :tumbleweed: ! I don't want to turn up to the fling with another stickered wing......people will think I go through FOS wings like tanks of petrol!

looked at which weekend to go for and opted for the first in the hope that roads and hotels will be a bit quieter and also easier to get time off for those who need to book it - honest it wasnt stick a pin in the calendar..... :whistle:

Glad you took the one you did Dave, good plan ;)