The STI is GONE!

Well, as some of you know...the STI has been sold...she was a great car but the time had come after 18 months with it (and my third Impreza) to buy something equivalently good to drive, higher quality and with 'slightly' better economy in every sense - at the moment it is achieving a lowly 50 MPG!

In another smooth transaction from Gav at Ian Grieve Subaru in Falkirk, I now have a 2.0D SE NavPlus in Arctic White Pearlescent, which looks very nice :) It has the Spec B Bilstein Suspension, 18's, 6 speed from the STI, fully loaded with goodies and has ZERO rattles.

[Did I mention it will do 50MPG?]

Here are both cars - both with the same plate on them!

TwoCarsNOPLATES.jpg

And here are some of the Legacy:

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

I'll keep you updated on her progress. At present she has rear tints, (a detachable towbar), been treated to a new fitted bootliner, has been coated with two lots of Poor Boys EXP Sealant (and has been Diamondbrite'd at Ian Grieve) and is in need of very little else at present (has new wheels and tyres too). You'd never actually believe the car has 40,000 miles on the clock!

Oh, and other than 50MPG (did I mention that), this is one of it's other great features - in 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround:

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

As ever, my thanks go to Gav and Charlie at Ian Grieve for doing such an excellent job, in particular Charlie who is ever helpful and has been over the last few years.

Brian :)

Sorry meant to mention - will do an easy 600 miles to a tank :)

And yes - white is absolutely the way forward.

If anyone is looking for a very good, rare red STI with every extra (PPP, Prodrive Springs, STI Quickshift, dipping interior mirror, centre storage box, Rally Armor Mud Flaps, Front Fog Lights, Rear Parking Sensors, 18" wheels etc) it will be a good buy @ £18495 at Ian Grieve.

B.

Looks great. I really like the new Legacys. Due to a new arrival to the family I had a look at some but the high prices put me off. Great car no doubt though.

Also considered swapping the P1 for an 05 STI so I'd have a 4 door and isofix- not to mention a car I would drive daily and park in car parks etc etc :P

HOWEVER, took the P1 out today and gave it a clean after. Seeing it sitting there on the drive I don't think I could sell it. Looks like it will be a ten year old 406 or Focus for the daily runner then! (then a blobeye WRX wagon to replace it next year ;-))

Very nice car, went to look at the previous shape one a couple of months ago. Unfortunately still out of my price range at the moment, maybe next time.

Keep us updated on the mpg, is your driving motorway or town?

Driving is very mixed, mainly B roads, local, non-economical stuff!

I am taking it down to Cornwall next week and back so that will be a very good test of it's long term economy :)

Brian.

I am taking it down to Cornwall next week and back so that will be a very good test of it's long term economy :)

Brian.

Where about in cornwall do you head for? We're just back from St Agnes, had a week down there. We did about 1500 miles in the week and got near enough 50mpg in the saab.

i am the new oner hope to pick it up on the 3rd off august is there any thing i have to watch out for my first Subaru?

my prevuse cars has been polo gti Astra vxr and a golf gti

so any things i ned to no about keeping my new sti

alan

i am the new oner hope to pick it up on the 3rd off august is there any thing i have to watch out for my first Subaru?

my prevuse cars has been polo gti Astra vxr and a golf gti

so any things i ned to no about keeping my new sti

alan

Congrats - it's a great car. You'll notice quite a difference in performance and other areas from your previous cars...it's got loads of extra's, as the sales guy will no doubt have told you. Did you buy it from Gav?

Any questions about it, ask away :)

Brian.