An MD 321T, depending on your injector size maybe an injector upgrade, FPR, headers, upipe, decat exhaust, decent filter and as long as your Top mount is a newage STI type or up to the task, you could see around 380-400bhp and 360-380lb ft at 1.4-1.5 bar of boost. The MD321T sits in the standard position.

Its been a while so there may be better alternatives.

An MD 321T, depending on your injector size maybe an injector upgrade, FPR, headers, upipe, decat exhaust, decent filter and as long as your Top mount is a newage STI type or up to the task, you could see around 380-400bhp and 360-380lb ft at 1.4-1.5 bar of boost. The MD321T sits in the standard position.

Its been a while so there may be better alternatives.

MD321H should spool quicker with not as much lag as the T series and still see 400bhp

what size of injectors? and what kind of price we looking at? for got to say i will be running 3" decat, equal length headers and up pipe, 76mm aps cai, silcone turbo inlet pipe, walbro 255iph,NGK PFR 7B spark plugs and a 4.75kg lightweight flywheel.

Edited by hammy

What year/engine you got?

I have 800cc injectors on a 2005 STi with an MD321T - spool is similar to VF35 (which I had as standard) but high end grunt is relentless - the other parts you mention I have on mine with the exception of the the flywheel

Equal length headers would mean you could run an MD321T TS, same as mine hmmmmmmm and as Barry says, top end grunt!

Theres a debate on injectors. Mappers prefer something like Ecutek units however they aint cheap (£475 + vat) supplied.

Would keep away from a Hayward & Scott Exhaust system though, even with resonators in place as it is rather LOUD!

Equal length headers would mean you could run an MD321T TS, same as mine hmmmmmmm and as Barry says, top end grunt!

Theres a debate on injectors. Mappers prefer something like Ecutek units however they aint cheap (£475 + vat) supplied.

Would keep away from a Hayward & Scott Exhaust system though, even with resonators in place as it is rather LOUD!

There's a difference between equal length headers and twin scroll headers Andy :P

Also on a 2002 STi, but a JDM rather than UK model

AET Garrett Turbo (similar to 321T)

Hybrid FMIC

76mm Intake Hose

Invidia de-cat with custom straight through exhaust and H&S backbox

Ramair CAI

750cc Injectors

Mapped by the Master Andy F

I've got a 2nd Ramair CAI, and a new set of 750cc Injectors, if they are any use to you.

Davie

not really intrested in changing my injectors. what has happened is when i was taking off my std up pipe one of the bolt holes on the turbo housing flange split and thats why i am asking for options dont know what to do.

Well your cheapest option is to have the original flange repaired. Are you looking for much more power? What figures did you have in mind?

If you swap that turbo out with anything but a VF35 you will have to remap. I dont see how this talk of injectors relates to spool?

If you're not refitting a repaired original or s/h VF35 and you want quicker spool (like Kenny said) get a TD05-16G or if youve got about a grand to throw away on a turbo, I highly recommend the ScoobyClinic Billet items.

Porting of your headers and uppipe will also give quicker spool.

We are not talking about injectors Improving spool, or at least I wasn't, we are talking about replacing a turbo with one which will flow more air which in turn will require more fuel and if he maxes out his injector duty cycle he may require a larger size of injector, or he may get away with being very very close to being maxed out, and just to give him a bawhair of headroom increase his fuel pressure, providing whomever is mapping the car is happy with that.

He has said that he does not wish to change his injectors, and with the ones on his year of STI, he MAY not need to and get away with a wee bit more fuel pressure if he was to choose a standard position after market turbo such as an MD321T/H or such like.

On a top mount I don't think spool will be an issue even on a T.

Edited by Wilky

Not sure in Aberdeen, take it to a machine shop maybe falconers in Blackburn just outside Aberdeen?

I had the same issue with a 16G I bought second hand. I was getting it rebuilt by AndyF anyway and he offered the repair via someone else. DOnt know who though.

Where is the damage. Is it across one of the mounting holes. Can you post a pic as it depends on how bad it is. If its as if someone has cut a slot across one of the mounting holes on the outside edge? If so its debateable if you need to get it repaired. I had this on a 16G I had and it had been on the car for years like that and I ran it for a full season of hills and sprints with no issues and no worsening of the defect. I just made sure I used a decent washer to spread the load. If your worried I am sure it could be welded and ground flush.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...