My excuse for not attending the AGM

As a new(ish) committee member I REALLY should have attended the AGM this weekend however I decided to spend a couple of days in Dublin instead.

BUT before you all think I should have my backside booted off the committee for being so unsupportive the reason for being there was to see my son Joe being presented with an award from the Rotary International of Great Britain and Ireland :)

All of the young people who received awards were really worthwhile winners and for the first time there was also a posthumous award for an 18 year old lad from Kent who was killed last year whilst on a mountaineering expedition, his mum and uncle were there to receive the prize and I don't think there were many of the 1700 people at the conference who didn't have a tear in their eye by the end of it.The link I have added below is worth a watch just for their story alone.

BBC Awards

As a new(ish) committee member I REALLY should have attended the AGM this weekend however I decided to spend a couple of days in Dublin instead.

BUT before you all think I should have my backside booted off the committee for being so unsupportive the reason for being there was to see my son Joe being presented with an award from the Rotary International of Great Britain and Ireland :)

All of the young people who received awards were really worthwhile winners and for the first time there was also a posthumous award for an 18 year old lad from Kent who was killed last year whilst on a mountaineering expedition, his mum and uncle were there to receive the prize and I don't think there were many of the 1700 people at the conference who didn't have a tear in their eye by the end of it.The link I have added below is worth a watch just for their story alone.

BBC Awards

Rach, you should both be immensely proud. That's a hell of an achievement! Well done Joe! :D

Thanks guys we had a really fantastic weekend, I should have taken some SIDC flyers though - I lost count of the amount of Imprezas we saw :lol:

What? You mean you weren't promoting the club? Shame on you ;)

Well done your son - fantastic achievement :)