Chit Chat....

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QDog

This is the engine on Ebay. It is in Birmingham but Tony has a van face-icon-small-smile.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=10424

The ad says S reg, but looking at the picture it is a phase 1.5 and witha change of manifolds will fit directly. Or, keep the manifolds and fit the later intercooler. Its also UK, but unless its an STI, they are basically the same.

Also, im sure that some of the Kent scoobies could stare a saturday to swap them over.

Q-Dog, if you are quick mate , Tony is passing that way on Tuesday doing a job for me, and im sure he will have enough room for that as well..

good luck mate.

If you dont want the hassle of the engine change , buy HOLs type r , as Tony said it is a cracker..face-icon-small-wink.gif

<< buy HOLs type r , as Tony said it is a cracker >>

Its the only one I have ever seen with the full electric pack.

Trouble is, every time I drive it, I dont want to sell. face-icon-small-sad.gif

When the 2.5 Bottom end turns up from the states, I know I will have to do something.

face-icon-small-sad.gif Hi Hol, sorry I only just got your message, it has sold now but cheers for keeping an eye out for me.

I think I might just get rid of the car as it is rather than go through the hassle when I know I will sell it straight away.

I will have my £10k in a week, that and my car I should do alright.

I have put mine on the for sale section to see what people think

Damn, it only went for £510 which could've been in you car and running for under £700 (Petrol/oil/gaskets etc0 if you fitted it yourself.

Thats a lot cheaper loss than 2K for a rebuild! and wrth considering.

Im not 100% I want to sell mine so soon, but if you want to come round and look, you can at least see how they drive and I can show you what to look out for.

face-icon-small-smile.gif That would be cool, cheers.

I have seen one for sale in Yorkshire which seems a little too cheap.

1997 P, 36000miles, sonic blue all the usual spec £8995.

I know it means a trip to Yorkshire but it may be worth it for the amount I will save plus I may have enough to repair mine and get more for it.

when I was looking I didn't have a Type R in mind and only bought this one as I wanted as may Modifications already on the car when I bought. This is because I have modded a car bedfore and never got my money back. its false economy.

My advice, agree the laon, sell/fix your car and then take the 12/3K to haggle on a version 5 car that has the full facelift and as many modifications as you can get for your money.

Since buying mine I have 'changed' the aftermarket wheels, and only really uprated a very few parts, its been cheap to run and I always had something to sell, when I bought something else.

face-icon-small-cool.gif As its gone a bit quiet on this thread i thought i could wander in and ask the following,

1,anyone know of a dent man around the medway/gravesend area who can remove a little dink

in the middle of my drivers door (fitted free when parked at Tesco!),plus poss cost.

2, where can i get my wheels repainted,dont like silver,not allowed gold so going graphitte.

3, is it worth fitting a decent panel filter and a centre decat pipe as a first step in getting a bit

more power (got used to car now and dont scare myself anymore!).

4, if girls are made from "sugar an spice" why do they taste of anchovies ???

(borrowed from scoobynet).

Mark. face-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gif

Here you go....

1. If you come to the rolling road day there will be a dent man there & it will cost you £30

2. The best place to go for wheel refurb is Lepsoms in Gillingham - Hol will probably step in with the phone no...

3. Yes face-icon-small-happy.gif

4. I can't possibly dignify that with an answer face-icon-small-tongue.gif

<< 1,anyone know of a dent man around the medway/gravesend area who can remove a little dink

in the middle of my drivers door (fitted free when parked at Tesco!),plus poss cost. >>

Dunno, about that one. Yellow pages I guess.

<< 2, where can i get my wheels repainted,dont like silver,not allowed gold so going graphitte. >>

Lepsons are best round here, near Gillingham train station. 01634 580582, complete refurb from £30 a wheel.

<< 3, is it worth fitting a decent panel filter and a centre decat pipe as a first step in getting a bit

more power (got used to car now and dont scare myself anymore!). >>

Filter and exhaust is always best as a first step on any car..

But dont be too eager for more power once you have changed them, if you have a standard suspension set-up.

A car with standard power and an uprated chassis is much easier to drive on the limit, and will be invariably faster point-to-point than an overpowered standard car. On the straight it will be power that rules, but if you want to be first on and off the roundabout get some eibachs and some uprated rollbars.

Some people may disagree, but they have probably never lived the experience.

<< 4, if girls are made from "sugar an spice" why do they taste of anchovies ??? >>

Maybe you should order a differeent type of Pizza when you invite them round for the night face-icon-small-smile.gif