Best driving roads in Scotland and the UK

I remember my old man (Yamaha R1 owner) showing me this website a while back that listed the best motorbiking runs throughout the UK. The site has dowloadable GPS way points, routes, images and video clips of some routes. It also have useful information such as bends ratings, straights, police activity, etc etc.

I found it and had a look at some of the routes. There is a lot of information indeed and some great runs.

the website

I think this one has to be amongst my favourites

Muir of ord- ullapool- scourie

If anyone has ideas about other favourites, please post the link

Edited by GUMBALL

Maybole to Dailly road or the Strathaven to muirkirk road or from Dalmellington through to newton stewart and back up past Glen Trool, to Girvan and back to Ayr via the coastal road must be my top three roads for a drive, or for a decent haul at a reasonable pace I love Loch Lommond through Rannoch Moor and back down the coast to North Connel and on down through the rest and be thankfull, best scenery in the West of Scotland and jaw dropping awesome on Rannoch moor early light or dusk. :thumbup:

Maybole to Dailly road or the Strathaven to muirkirk road or from Dalmellington through to newton stewart and back up past Glen Trool, to Girvan and back to Ayr via the coastal road must be my top three roads for a drive, or for a decent haul at a reasonable pace I love Loch Lommond through Rannoch Moor and back down the coast to North Connel and on down through the rest and be thankfull, best scenery in the West of Scotland and jaw dropping awesome on Rannoch moor early light or dusk. :thumbup:

Maybole to Dailly is where I had an off a few years back. I know the run you mean :rolleyes:

Agree with you on the Lomond-Rannoch-connel-Rest route !

Scooby222, Ill need to investigoat the allness to ardgay route.

Try Aberfeldy to Crieff vie Amulree, then on to Gleneagles and down Glen Devon to the Yetts o' Muckhart... then on to Kinross if you want!

Great roads! I often start from this end and head up that way. The road from braco over to comrie is one of my favourites and also the roads around the dukes pass and loch earnhead.

the road through glencoe is awesome, then onto the run down across the moor to tyndrum wuth the road cambering and dipping like a mad thing. i remember whooring it across the moor and nearly took off around the area where the burnt woods are by loch ba`. great fun

the road through glencoe is awesome, then onto the run down across the moor to tyndrum wuth the road cambering and dipping like a mad thing. i remember whooring it across the moor and nearly took off around the area where the burnt woods are by loch ba`. great fun

Yup thats the one mate, im dying to get the series mcrae fininshed and road worthy again for the start of the year and this will be the first road its going to cover some miles on........hopefully sort out this argument that classics are better than new ages???.....well for me anyway!! I ve done it in the hawkeye a good few times after it was mapped so the series mcrae has a lot to live up to so looking forward to that day!!! the applecross run up norths another cracker of a run

Good thread - here are a few of my faves...

A72 Blythe Bridge->Peebles: Great bends, including a few that you can see around, but watch out for wayward bikers.

A7 Galashiels->Gorebridge: Great bends, including a few long-arcers that you can use to really play with the balance of the car.

A84 Callander->Lochearnhead: Great bends again, many of them with interesting elevations, but be wary of lochside campers hanging about near the road (esp if you're overtaking).

All of the above are well-surfaced, but the last two in particular can be busy - best to pick a quiet time for maximum enjoyment (i.e. early Sunday morning or late evening during the summer).

B)

got to agree with A84 callender to fort william road, been up this road in the navara loads of times through glencoe, early morning is the best time, and scenery is breathtaking.

subaru will be up there when its altogether and been mapped by mr.f.

not done the applecross route yet but high on the "to do"list with the subaru