Subaru UK statement on Engine Failure discussions

So if a software upgrade for all vehicles was available why didnt dealers let their customers know??Mine certainly didnt.I had to tell them about it and tell them how to cure my alarm fault.

Hang on to your hatches boys according to Jap Performance mag they are to be dropped for the saloon (yuk!)model.So that means ive got two classics now.lol

Have any of you hatch guys had your cars mapped yet? Mine is getting done in the next couple weeks to set it up for the exhaust filter etc, i just got it back from subaru after it went in for an overheating fault, ended up getting a new short motor, 2 new heads & a new turbo under warranty!

Basically, buy a fast car from us, but we will only honour any problems if you can prove you drive it like a grandad. Ok I dont have a newer car so I might be out of place saying such a thing, statement sounds like a cop out imho.

I bought a MY2008 STI in August 2008.

About 6 weeks later, I received a letter from AF Noble asking me to bring the car in to have an engine management patch applied. This was followed up with a phone call.

Ran the car to 47k miles without a problem and have traded in for one of the last available MY10, the MY11 being too expensive.

Set the Rev warning to 6200, to avoid over revving. Not sure why you would want to redline anyway, power is dropping off just past 6000 RPM.

Run on Shell V-Power 98% of the time, super unleaded otherwise.

Top up with oil given to me between services.

This was my 5th trouble free Subaru. All have sown about 2,000 miles a month. I'm sure the 6th will be just as reliable.

I bought a MY2008 STI in August 2008.

About 6 weeks later, I received a letter from AF Noble asking me to bring the car in to have an engine management patch applied. This was followed up with a phone call.

Ran the car to 47k miles without a problem and have traded in for one of the last available MY10, the MY11 being too expensive.

Set the Rev warning to 6200, to avoid over revving. Not sure why you would want to redline anyway, power is dropping off just past 6000 RPM.

Run on Shell V-Power 98% of the time, super unleaded otherwise.

Top up with oil given to me between services.

This was my 5th trouble free Subaru. All have sown about 2,000 miles a month. I'm sure the 6th will be just as reliable.

Very similar experience to me. Always faultless cars, put up with anything and the only cars I ever own which never need repairing.

Brian.

unfortunatley not for me. one set of failed pistons one big end and not even 20K. Run on v power only, shift light at 6000rpm, driving 1 year old about so no grand turismo. Was not given the software update until the second engine was never contacted about it. I realise that in any manufacturing process things can go wrong but its the way you deal with them that matters and on this problem subaru have been found seriously wanting. Anybody that buys a second hand hatch or a new salon is a brave man.