New White Sti Saloon @ Ian Grieve Subaru Falkirk - Pics

My 2008 STI has 45k miles on it and has run perfectly.

Had an engine management patch applied over 2 years ago.

Would have another hatch or saloon. Depends on pricing. Concerned I am going to have to make the same leap I did when I traded my WRX for the STI just to get the latest.

BTW, Japan devalued the Yen earlier this week. Wonder if prices may come down in the new year.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter a toss whether you like it or not at the end of the day, cause all you subaru enthusiasts can't afford it & by the time we or you can Subaru will be so far off the mark you'll have forgotten why you wanted one in the first place £33,000 for a scooby, the car will always sell but (WE) cant afford it.

It doesn't matter a toss whether you like it or not at the end of the day, cause all you subaru enthusiasts can't afford it & by the time we or you can Subaru will be so far off the mark you'll have forgotten why you wanted one in the first place £33,000 for a scooby, the car will always sell but (WE) cant afford it.

NOW Bobby,i know you are lying.......you can certainly afford it!! B)

Gav

Gav, I reserve every right to comment on how a car looks in a photograph - there's nothing at all indecent about that! Being free to share our opinions on this stuff is a large part of the appeal of this forum, as far as I'm concerned B)

And it may drive like a Ferrari F430 for all I know, I was offering an opinion specifically on aesthetics...

Anyway, I'm sure it'll sell fine regardless of anything I say, but that's not going to stop me having a pop!

Like i have said earlier,i'm not getting defensive,but if you were to admit the truth,lets face it you didn't buy your car on its stunning good looks :D ,Subaru ownership isn't about looks its about what it can do as a drivers car.

If its down to 'aesthetics' then i don't think Subaru have ever produced a car that you could say was absolutely drop dead.

Only my opinion,and i have owned enough of them over the years not to have bought them on how they look but how they drive,i can remember the first Hawk Eye we had delivered New back in 05 and the car caused uproar on this and many other forums with regards to its intensely ugly looks.......and look at it now,widely accepted by all and looked upon as one of the nicer versions offered.

For me this is one of the most complete and good looking UK Imprezas this side of the P1,well spec'd better finished and amazing handling thanks to Spec C susp.

Gav

Oh and happens to be the same price as a P1 and that was 10 years ago.....

Edited by scoobyseller555
If its down to 'aesthetics' then i don't think Subaru have ever produced a car that you could say was absolutely drop dead.

Only my opinion,and i have owned enough of them over the years not to have bought them on how they look but how they drive,i can remember the first Hawk Eye we had delivered New back in 05 and the car caused uproar on this and many other forums with regards to its intensely ugly looks.......and look at it now,widely accepted by all and looked upon as one of the nicer versions offered.

Absolutely agree that Subaru ownership is rarely about driving a pretty car, but that doesn't mean to say that aesthetics are completely unimportant. Personally, I have to at least find a car 'inoffensive' to look at to be happy owing it. The Classics and the Hawkeyes are IMHO the nicest of all the Impreza turbos, and this latest saloon effort the ugliest... too ugly for me. OK, the standard Bugeye WRX was a good deal dowdy to my eye also, but fundamentally at least it had pleasing smooth lines, and was quite salvageable with some 'detangoing' and other attention to detail. JMO.

Bobby's right in a sense - it makes little difference today what I or most others on this forum feel about the new saloon's design, because the majority of us aren't in the market for a car in that price range... but then perhaps we will be in 2-5 years' time when they're sitting on your secondhand forecourt?

As a salesman for a Subaru franchise, I would of course expect you to be fairly dismissive of any negative comments toward one of the products that your livelihood depends on you selling, but in another sense it would be heartening to hear that you were willing to feed back to Subaru the general feeling 'on the street' about their new design(s)... I'm not so naive that I expect the opinions of a bunch of punters on SIDC to directly influence even the smallest detail of any design present or future, but our mutterings are all part of the big picture, and if they're not willing to listen on some level then more fool them!

Apart from all that, it's simply interesting to hear everyone's opinions on the subject. Some posters apparently really like the look of this car, and I respect that - it's just another opinion and it's just as valid as mine :)

Edited by Mystery Machine

I like it.

I saw the saloon, or Sedan as they refer to it, in the states about 3 years ago when they first went from the hawkeye to the hatch and liked it then. Have always thought a Saloon STi would come along eventually.

If I had £30+k to spend on a car then I would probably consider it, but I don't. And if I did then I would probably be looking for used new shape Jag XK's :) now that is a pretty looking car :):)