V Power V's Tesco Super Unleaded

Hi all

I have a impreza sti mapped n running about 330 BHP and I went Santa pod for the weekend. I have been told to only use v power and nothing else what I have done for about 10 months. On the way home I needed some petrol and I only know where the tesco's was so I put some super unleaded in from there. I did not tell a difference on the motorway on the way home. But I've just been out in it and it's feels loads quicker I thought at first it was going to blow up lol but then I remembered I put that other petrol in. Does anyone else use it and is there much difference in v power or tesco's super unleaded? As my car feels a hell of a lot quicker

Thanks lee

Edited by lee987lee
I use either in my as it runs better on the 99 blends than anything else, normally tesco's as we collect the points

Got a tank of V power tonight in Watford only £1.19 a litre.

Daresay it'll have a feed of tesco's finest by the end of the week.

Do you fine any quicker than the other mate?

I use either in my as it runs better on the 99 blends than anything else, normally tesco's as we collect the points

Got a tank of V power tonight in Watford only £1.19 a litre.

Daresay it'll have a feed of tesco's finest by the end of the week.

That's same as me but honest it's loads faster. I'm going to call my mapper tomorrow see what he says

Guest sti3_lewak

there isn't much difference between tesco 99 and vpower. a friend had his remapped rom vpower to tescos and the mapper said there wasn't much difference in the map for them both.

I use both

Havent tried this new formula Tesco momentumg stuff. But when I gave Tesco99 a try a couple years back I found it was definately cheaper than running Vpower, car felt smoother to run, but it also lost it's edge and didn't quite have the same kick and sharpness higher up the rev range that I had with Vpower.. ran on T99 for over a month to give it a good chance, but ended up goign back with Vpower.. Yes it was more expensive, to fill, but felt much nicer to drive when out for a "spirited" run.. Didn't really notice much difference in MPG.. The tesco stuff I think did give an extra 1mpg but that coudl have just been down to different roads/drivingstyle or the fact it wasn't delivering the same punch as Vpower..

However I may try the new tesco Momentum just to see if it's changed from the old stuff..

I usually run my Type RA on V-power and it runs very good ,decided to try the Tesco momentum fuel as it was slightly cheaper and it made my car feel sluggish and i started having problems starting the car (would take about 3 attempts) So the wife run the tank down low and filled it up with v-power and the RA starts 1st time again and runs a lot better and feels more responsive .

Personnally i'd use V-power as the Tesco momentum fuel isn't a hellva lot cheaper in the long run - but that's my opinion.

Only use tesco when i have to, car feels crap on it! V-power is way way nicer to drive with, giving more oomph and better mpg. I'm off to fill the scoob this morning and my current mileage has topped over 300miles :) Thats mixed but with a few long M-way runs too. Quick bit of maths and she's retuning around 25mpg :wave:

I've used both but at the minute i'm using Momentum. One of the main reasons is the local Shell garage seems to think 15p a litre more for V-power than regular unleaded is fine. Momentum is a damn sight cheaper and I seem to get an extra few mpg out of it as well which is always nice, i'm averaging 27-30 mpg at the moment. Even got 29.4 mpg (100+ mile trip) on a run out with some of the guys a week or so ago!