Raffle Nominations  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your preferred charity to receive the raffle proceeds.

• Help For Heroes
    • Cancer Research UK
    • Macmillan Cancer Support
    • BLISS (Special Care Baby Charity)
    • Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
    • Colin McRae Vision
    • SSNAP (Support for the Sick Newborn And their Parents)

Now the return of the momentous SIDC Scooby Ball has been announced for 2010 I would like some of your help.

Before you all start moaning and groaning and thinking that I'm going to ask you to dig deep - I'm not! (Well not yet anyway, I'll leave that until 30th October :o ).

As you are (hopefully) aware after reading Frenchy's wonderful write up we will be holding a raffle this year with all proceeds going to charity - what I would like from you guys is some suggestions as to which charity that should be, it would be really nice if we could donate the money to a cause close to your hearts.

So, if you would all be kind enough to have a good think and then either post your nomination here or if you prefer drop me a PM it would be very much appreciated.

Oh and on a final note, if we could have your nominations by 13th May we will then hold a poll to decide our chosen charity - so it's down to you guys all the way.

Thank you all very much,

Rachel

Edited by little green goblin

I would agree with Help for Hero's. Its a very worthy cause indeed! I have friends in the forces and i know they appreciate all the help.

However on a more personal note though, cancer effects so many people. My mum has just recovered from breast cancer, but sadly my fiancé's mum died of cancer last November :rotfl: throughout so much has been done for us by the doctors and nurses that i propose either Cancer research UK or Macmillan cancer support.

Edited by Ace
I was thinking Bliss? They help with special care for premature and sick babies. Without them, my wife never would've survived past her first few weeks... 27yrs later she's still going strong! ;)

Very dear to my heart too Stu, luckily my twins were only in the special care baby unit for 12 days and only needed a minimum amount of assistance but there were some that had been in there for over 6 months and had operation after operation - poor little mites! :(

Oh and just to show how good these units are, my son (who weighed 3lb 15ozs when born at 6 weeks premature) is now approaching 6ft 4" tall! :D

what about the CYCTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION

6000+ suffer with this condition in the uk

very short life span in our turms 30 years at most if lucky ;)

my granddaughter suffers from CF so i know first hand what good work they do in keeping her and the many others well :(

and trying to give them a good life all be it short.

I'd like to nominate the Colin McRae Vision.

The charity is now established and has started donating money to fund equipment purchases.

Appreciate that the McRae Gathering did a big push for this but it always gets me that the lives of 2 little boys were lost in the helicopter accident as well as Colin.

imy

btw - what happened to the "Clubman of the Year award 2009"?

Has it been awarded?

help for heros , cancer research get my votes

but thinking out loud as these are large charities would a smaller charity not benefit more from the donation

I quite agree - these do have a large support with national press and media coverage and advertising.

Do we know of any smaller charity's that Prodrive might be aware of or helped thus keeping the subaru connection.

Although Mcrae Vision and Burn Foundation are good causes as well they are also high profiled.

Does anyone know of any special individual cause's which are struggling to stay open due to lack of fund's?

Just an idea

I quite agree - these do have a large support with national press and media coverage and advertising.

Do we know of any smaller charity's that Prodrive might be aware of or helped thus keeping the subaru connection.

Although Mcrae Vision and Burn Foundation are good causes as well they are also high profiled.

Does anyone know of any special individual cause's which are struggling to stay open due to lack of fund's?

Just an idea

This is exactly why I wanted nomination suggestions SP, obviously the money would be of benefit to any charity but you are quite right in saying that there are causes out there that are really struggling to keep afloat.

That said of course, once this goes to the poll whatever charity you guys choose will be the one that receives the money, there are several charities I personally would chose but I want it to be one that everyone is happy with donating money to.

Rach

SSNAP (Support for the Sick Newborn And their Parents) is the locally based charity which supports the Intensive Special Care Nurseries (Neonatal Unit) at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.

http://www.ssnap.co.uk/

this very small chairty needs all the help it can get so if we can have this a nomination and if people please have a look at the site i think you can understand why ive put this one forward.

thank you :hello:

SSNAP (Support for the Sick Newborn And their Parents) is the locally based charity which supports the Intensive Special Care Nurseries (Neonatal Unit) at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.

http://www.ssnap.co.uk/

this very small chairty needs all the help it can get so if we can have this a nomination and if people please have a look at the site i think you can understand why ive put this one forward.

thank you :rotfl:

Ok, added to the poll as I did specify yesterday was the closing date for nominations but I didn't specify a time :hello:

No more nominations now though guys - it's time for you to vote for whichever cause you would like to see receive the funds.

Cheers,

Rach