Multi Car Insurance

Looking for a bit of advice on insuring more than one motor at a time.

I'm currently insuring the scoob only but i've now got the use of a crewcab pickup (not owned by me or insured at all) and i'm probably getting a van soon(will be registered by me).

What's the best and cheapest way to get me on the road with these vehicles?, i could also put the wifes jeep on there too and have her as a named driver?

Anybody got a policy that would cover my needs?

Help please

:rolleyes:

Admiral seems to be the best for this, used them when I had a Focus for the wife and then got the VW for my commuting. Much cheaper than seperate policies, plus I add the Golf a few months after we did the renewal for the Focus and the swap over was quick and painless.

admiral here too fully comp. the type r was new purchase so i didnt technically have any no claims to use for it. admiral worked out cheaper, with 0ncb, than any other quotes i obtained with ncb switched over from uk turbo. they divide up cost so you can see what preportion is attributed to each car as well. the uk turbo was 300 which wasnt too unreasonable either, especially with a write off a few years ago and penalty points.

What is Admirals policy on theft on the scoobs? Do you need a tracker fitted? I'm not insured for theft on mine unless it is!!! and I have 2 scoobs and a Shogun jeep all on seperate policies :whistle:

Editied: Sent you a PM Cathy, don't know who's looking in here :rolleyes:

Edited by Phil MC

Just tried an online quote with Admiral, £1080 to insure the scoob and wifes jeep with both of us as named drivers :huh:, never mind trying to add the crewcab(which i couldn't bring the details up for). Thats a shocking price, about £500 more than we're paying for separate policies at the moment.

Just tried an online quote with Admiral, £1080 to insure the scoob and wifes jeep with both of us as named drivers B), never mind trying to add the crewcab(which i couldn't bring the details up for). Thats a shocking price, about £500 more than we're paying for separate policies at the moment.

I had the same quote experience with them so i've stuck to insuring the blobeye and wife's fiesta zetec s with privelege ( under £500 for both ) they are on seperate policies with named drivers on both and full protect ncd's. and as for the series mcrae im currently looking into classic car insurance for it believe it or not!! company pay for the mondeo tdci thank god!!! i dont know if there are many companies out there that do multi car policies, but i was told by admiral that you could only hold your ncd against one car not sure if thats right tho?? sure someone will be able to answer that one on here.

What is Admirals policy on theft on the scoobs? Do you need a tracker fitted? I'm not insured for theft on mine unless it is!!! and I have 2 scoobs and a Shogun jeep all on seperate policies B)

i had something similar with privelege so i sent away all the paper work as they wanted the origionals only for the trackery thing and ive never seen it again so im presuming they have lost it oh joy!! so i may be rogered if anyone were ever to get the bolobeye out of fortknox one night :headbang:

I tried an Admiral Multi quote for our three cars. 2002 Impreza WRX (pretty standard, tracker), my daily runner - 1.6 Corolla and her 1.3 Suzuki Swift with a few body mods. Came out more expensive than individual policies.

Strangely though, all our cars are insured with the Admiral Group. Admiral for the Subaru, Bell for the Corolla and Diamond for the Swift.