Bought Another Car But.............

Due to my car being taken off the road for a bit of work.

So bought myself a diesel runabout.

2000 306 1.9d 60k 2 owners

Picked it up this morning and tested out the handling on the way home

I now know it handles slightly differently to the RB5 as i found out to my cost

pugtree.jpg

Did 2.2 miles after picking it up. Battered my head on the flippin tree and my necks killing me.

Not good :)

I had a little mishap after swapping the RB5 for an 03STI. The RB5 are such a forgiving car and so easy to drive fast, when you swap to something else you can very easily get caught out!

Make sure you get your neck checked out, not worth taking the risk with head and neck injuries! :rolleyes:

Due to my car being taken off the road for a bit of work.

So bought myself a diesel runabout.

2000 306 1.9d 60k 2 owners

Picked it up this morning and tested out the handling on the way home

I now know it handles slightly differently to the RB5 as i found out to my cost

pugtree.jpg

Did 2.2 miles after picking it up. Battered my head on the flippin tree and my necks killing me.

Not good to here did you go to the hospital to get checked over

cheers for the concern folks.

Im away out for a pint to drown my sorrows.

I couldn't have been doing more than 10mph when i hit the tree. Not a mark on me :) My better half has informed me if im still sore on Monday im going to the doctors weather i like it or not? :rolleyes:

I considered going to the hospital but decided against it as I feel fine and my neck only has a slight ache although id imagine it may be stiff tomorrow

How Ironic is it that i go from 330bhp to 60 bhp and have a incident straight away. Managed to tow it out within 10 mins and drove it to the bodyshop. The tree I hit has no bark on it due to being hit so many times. The back stepped out and i over corrected and it spun the other way. Could just see the tree approaching and i was thinking s##t then bang. Somebody actually saw it happen and just drove past without stopping :)

My first accident in 6 years :lol: at least it wasn't the RB5 although i suspect the RB5 would have gone around the corner with no issues at all.

Edited by ciaranrb5

Oh oh

At least you are ok mate

That must be a record though 2.2 miles, i bought a brand new Gsxr a few years back and dropped it on the way home from the showroom only 6 miles on the clock :rolleyes: was gutted to say the least, but you can always look back and laugh

Yeow! glad your ok mate!

306's have great levels of grip, much more than you mught expect.. But they do snap very quickly at the limit! :rolleyes:

... Really shouldn't be pushing a car that hard until you get to know it.. Particularly if your used to an Impreza! Very easy to overdrive other cars!

BTW - Roof and just behind the A-pillar looks a bit nasty for doing a repair! Normally I'd expect that to be a write off! Or at least damage logged.

P.s.. You really should see a doctor after even the smallest bang to the head! Many serious injuries can go un-notice because drivers "feel" fine but then flare up a few days later!

Could just see the tree approaching and i was thinking s##t then bang.

Strictly speaking, you were approaching the tree!

Bl**dy H*ll Ciaran... you gotta go an do things properly, don't you? Glad you're OK... you could't have hit it that hard or there'd have been a H*LLUVA lot bigger a dent than the one you got there... trees being noted for NOT doing much moving, especially one that thick! Strewth!

As stated, go get the neck checked... more than likely just soft tissue injury but not worth NOT taking the time to check! Have had a guy come see a friend of mine who works in A&E in Kirkcaldy. Said he felt like his head was about to fall off... it was - his neck was broken!

Not trying to scare you or anything *chuckle*

ya big walloper! Glad you are ok though mate.

On another note, russell's done my flywheel now and the one you sold me and I had skimmed had high spots all over it. Not your fault at all, bloody machine shop in aberdeen did a piss poor job. The spigot bearing was completely fcuked too. Im now trying to and praying that the clutch can and will bed the Agra flywheel!

Strictly speaking, you were approaching the tree!

Bl**dy H*ll Ciaran... you gotta go an do things properly, don't you? Glad you're OK... you could't have hit it that hard or there'd have been a H*LLUVA lot bigger a dent than the one you got there... trees being noted for NOT doing much moving, especially one that thick! Strewth!

As stated, go get the neck checked... more than likely just soft tissue injury but not worth NOT taking the time to check! Have had a guy come see a friend of mine who works in A&E in Kirkcaldy. Said he felt like his head was about to fall off... it was - his neck was broken!

Not trying to scare you or anything *chuckle*

Well went out and drowned my sorrows and the only thing that hurts today is my head.

Dr Glyn feel free to come and check though :rolleyes:

RTA... drowning... alcoholism... headaches...

I think you need a vet, not a doctor! I don't do euthanasia! *lol*

Glad you're feeling better at least in some respects. I'd still see a doctor, though, and get your injuries documented...

Then you can sue the tree! *chuckle*

...sad thing is, I daresay someone's tried that somewhere. America probably...

Fookin'Nora lad! Glad all is going to be fine :)

Wee story .... when we were younger me a and a couple of my mates went away out on our bikes on a Saturday morning to pick some mushrooms (as you do!) 2 of us decided to put our pickings in a brown paper for making a bru later that night, the other boy didn't he thought it would be much better to go for the eat as you pick option, anyways on the cycle home, the boy that was on the pick and eat option cycled straight in to a giant thorn bush at speed, thinking the pathy went round a corner that didn't exist, much to our amusement !! so I'm sure you can all guess who the rest of that weekend went, ahh them were the days :rolleyes::lol: