1. 1. Which day?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

Would just like to check that those who attend and those who would like to attend are happy with the meet day.

I originally chose Thursday because it suited me as it's difficult to organise things you can't attend and also because of the success of the Glasgow Meet which is also on a Thursday, logical then that we have it roughly two weeks apart to allow people to do both if they wish.

So just click your most suitable day above and feel free to justify it below. It would be better if you do tell me why you want a particular day.

For me it's a Thursday - just cause it fits with my life!

Thursday for me too. Close to weekend so something to look forward to during the week. Football training on Wednesday nights and football on Sundays.

The weekends arent great to get a decent turnout as most people make plans with family/friends/sport etc so a Thursday night is perfect for meets IMO

Thursday is rank rotten for me, that is usually one of my busiest days in the week along with a Friday.

Football doesn't affect me as I personally hate the game! ;)

Weekends are difficult as having a family weekends are usually taken up

I would say as it is only once a month a late Saturday afternoon or evening, that way you don't have to worry about getting home for a decent time & worry about work the next day.

*edit* i voted for thurs/sat

Edited by StrikE

Ok then Thursdays are bad for me as I have a yoga class every week (its a commitment!!) ...its ok to miss one a month..........my other thread on this was in connection with.... (what event do I attend if I can only make it one Thursday a month??) ;):lol: otherwise any day would be ok if I was only going to the Lanark runs!

Edited by Midnight21
12 votes and only 6 replies to this thread ;) Days all over the place, could the people that actually turn up for this Lanarkshire meet take part in the poll, please?

Yes Boss,Sorry Boss .............."Taking it off yah boss"...... :lol:

To be honest any week night would suit,unless nightshift i have no other commitments.

Kenny

Yes Boss,Sorry Boss .............."Taking it off yah boss"...... :lol:

LOL no Badbaz is the boss ;)

I am just a minnow in a big pond ;)

*edit*

I think, and just my opinion mind, that a Saturday night would make for a more relaxed evening, better fun, longer run! & we could all sit and watch the sunset over Lanark Loch, hold hands and chant in a new era.

Seriously a Sat night once a month is got to be better than a Thursday night.

Edited by StrikE

There is no boss, Derek you can pretend to be the boss if you like, just like at home :lol:

I just wanted to see what the majority wanted since Cathy raised the issue elsewhere. We've all said from the start that we can't please everyone so, as with everything, the majority rules whether that's right or not!

So far Thursday is ahead with Saturday coming up the rear, Derek? ;)

There is no boss, Derek you can pretend to be the boss if you like, just like at home :lol:

I just wanted to see what the majority wanted since Cathy raised the issue elsewhere. We've all said from the start that we can't please everyone so, as with everything, the majority rules whether that's right or not!

So far Thursday is ahead with Saturday coming up the rear, Derek? ;)

I am the boss at home............only between 9:15-4:30 though ;)

Voting polls are useless as people from Kent/Wales/new york can vote without posting within the topic! [registered users]

Who the hell wants to go a run on a Monday? It is voted for [1] also including Tuesday [1] Wednesday [2] and a Sunday [1]

Start a topic with genuine people from the Lanarkshire run posting one word reply only, that one word being one of 7 choices monday, tuesday............

Would make for a clearer understanding of peoples opinions.

But will go with the flow, work comes first though & i dont fancy chasing around the countryside late on a Thursday night when i have a 12hr shift ahead of me on a Friday!

Would the meet time still remain the same if it did indeed become saturday???

Would there also not be an issue with traffic volume regarding the runs on a saturday evening???

Kenny

Not on the routes that Barry plans, out of the way twisties.

We could trial run a Saturday one month or alternate between the 2?

I see your point Boss, just thought since SIDC is made up of mature, elitist, enthusiasts that we would get a true response.

The person that voted for Monday, Tuesday, Wed and so on probably is wondering what kind of tw@t would want to meet on a Saturday.

Personally Del, I can't do weekends and if I could, I don't think I would want to tbh. If you want to trial a Saturday Meet by all means go ahead. Not so sure you can be an RO and a MOD though :lol: Seriously, once the longer nights are in, we'll have a month with a Saturday/Thursday choice or both if it suits. You, or some suitably irresponsible Impreza owner, would need to take the reigns for the weekend mate. It's a free country, I think? ;)

We could trial run a Saturday

Mmmmmm There is no 'I' in 'WE' I don't want to organise the runs, that is what the RO is for!

I was only giving my opinion and as stated above this is a free country.

The person that voted for Monday, Tuesday, Wed and so on probably is wondering what kind of tw@t would want to meet on a Saturday.

These people please stand up and make your case!

^^ i am that tw@t as the vast majority of mature, elitist and enthusiasts work during the week & for the reasons posted above i aint repeating myself

I know you can't do weekends & respect is given for the reasons behind that so looks like a Thursday then.

Boss

^^ i am that tw@t as the vast majority of mature, elitist and enthusiasts work during the week & for the reasons posted above i aint repeating myself

Who told you that Boss?

The we wasn't wus, me and you, twas we as in us, all of us, the attendees! I'm happy to set up a Saturday but some moaning faced Saturday Meeter tw@t will need to take charge on the actual SATURbloodyDAY of the meet!!! ;)

Edited by badbaz
Who told you that Boss?

The we wasn't wus, me and you, twas we as in us, all of us, the attendees! I'm happy to set up a Saturday but some moaning faced Saturday Meeter tw@t will need to take charge on the actual SATURbloodyDAY of the meet!!! ;)

Nothing is straight forward on here is it, pick a day if people can make it they will, democracy didn't always work I say