Hatch Tail Light Overlays, Clear Rear Fog And Led - Done!

Hi all,

After a couple of hours with the hairdryer, soapy water spray, plastic tool, Litchfield overlays and the lights - I am half way there.

Look pretty good up close (couple of minor imperfections but hopefully will settle over time). Fiddly job but big improvement when done.

Here are the before shots:

IMG_0341.jpg

SNC10371.jpg

Lights being done (one finished, one untouched):

SNC10372.jpg

SNC10373.jpg

On the car:

SNC10376.jpg

SNC10377.jpg

Couple of other shots with the lights on:

SNC10380-1.jpg

SNC10379.jpg

SNC10378.jpg

The rain is not helping - it's been on all day and I now need to swap the red fog light for the clear one I've got from Revolution247 with a clear LED bulb for it. Then film that and the reversing light too!

Finally done at 19:30 - took a while! Photo's not the best in the rain and in the dark...

SNC10381.jpg

SNC10385.jpg

SNC10384.jpg

SNC10388.jpg

SNC10389.jpg

Should say - done with lights out of the car in the kitchen!

VAST improvement...chav lights gone...

Genuine Subaru Clear rear fog from Revolution 247 (£70 + delivery)

Fog Bulb - clear lights up red - Litchfield - (£13 including delivery)

Litchfield Film Overlay Kit - (£25 + VAT + Delivery = £38 approx)

Brian :rotfl:

Edited by WRXMANIA
Nice one, suits the car to a T :rotfl: not looked at it yet but how easy is changing the rear fog light Brian?

Fog light easy -

Buy fog light from Revolution247

Get LED from Litchfield

Take the four trim panels off inside the boot (pull hard - top, sides then bottom one in that order)

Unplug the light and take the bulb holder from the light to be removed

One nut is inside the tailgate (need a socket set with bar) and two black nuts on the (out)side of the light - don't lose the plastic washer.

Pull light out (has a clip holding it in place at the inside edge)

Putting in the new one is the reverse (use the rubber gromit from the back of the old foglight, clean the boot behind the light, insert the bulb holder with new clear (lights up red) LED into the Revolution foglight).

Even with the clear rear fog done it will be much better.

Brian :)

Cheers all!

Ordered a few weeks ago the small Prodrive Japanese Only Mudflaps for the front from Revolution (due in stock this week I think). Although do like the Rally Armors :rotfl:

If the weather is decent tomorrow I'll get it cleaned, clayed, sealed and waxed to help protect it a bit.

Wanting to get some cash to do front fogs, 18's, Prodrive springs and some other bits and bobs. Needs an exhaust but will get that via PPP. Resisting the urge to head down to C&C!

Also silver indicator bulbs really needed now too! Get my plate on it too (just waiting for DVLA to do the transfer as have sent off the retention form and the V5).

Other essential mod I done today was to put on the SIDC sticker on the back window :)

Brian :D

Now done the silver lights (Philips Silver Vision) and the LED's for the number plate lights :D Also got my plate transferred and onto the car today!

Subtle but better ;)

Apologies for the picture quality - took them on the iPhone and the car looks as if it's been tango'd (not de-tango'd) under the garage lights!

The bulb comparison:

post-6258-1264714348.jpg

Before:

post-6258-1264714376.jpg

After:

post-6258-1264714143.jpg

Night shot:

post-6258-1264714259.jpg

Brian.