Magnificent Machines Thread

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A HUGE thanks to everyone who turned up today and made the SIDC stand very impressive :D and to the chef's for the cullinary delights as usual. ( I've got 3 packs of Bacon fur the morra :(

Looks like there are going to be a good few more car club stands tomorrow so will help make the event even more worthwhile for the organisers

There are a couple of spaces available on the stand tomorrow so if anyone wants to fill them then we are meeting at the M9 Junction 4 at 7.45am and Hermiston Gate Retail Park at c.8.15am :thumbup:

I'll post up my pics the morra night :)

Cheers

Gus

The car shots are uploading so here are a few of the funny moments from the day. :D

Tam spots somebody trying to nick his dust caps.

078.jpg

Brian spots an chance to good to miss..

079.jpg

The scooby van

086.jpg

Brian and Tam have sold the cinquecento they shared but found a new car.

089.jpg

Gus the Bus goes the extra mile to get the best shot.

and one of the results

109.jpg

Would you trust this lot to fly your plane.

061-1.jpg

064.jpg

Tam thinks " thats going to take some cleaning "

039-2.jpg

Excellent day, good to catch up with a few people too. Have to get a central meet organised soon.

Excellent work by Gus to take part in this. Good feedback too. Heard a few people say it was a great way to get the club noticed.

Big thanks to all those who helped out with the wee man at vaious points in the day!

5t.

Thanks to Gus for organising a great turnout from us lot

Big huge thanks to Cathy for the 10 star accomadation and hospitality

Enjoyed the last couple of days but the personel highlight was Big Gordon leaving 2 black marks about 50 ft long and squiggly. I was back to being 5 year old and watching Burt Reynolds live, loved every second following that car. The noise it emits is second to none and makes mine sound sheepish

Good to catch up with the usual suspects and no pics from me as i am sure there were a few cameras kicking about the place

well done Gus for organising our stand for this event, we were an impressive sight and had such a laugh with a great bunch of people

thanks to Cathy for letting us stay over, bet you'd never seen anyone so taken with a real fire before :P

many thanks to Tam, Brian and Paul for bringing their stoves and the food, and for letting me have some rolls and sausage/bacon over the 2 days

it was a great weekend and a cracking venue for us.

great to see Concorde up close, it was so majestic and i couldnt believe the cabin was open for visitors to walk through.

glad the weather was dry but wind chill factor was biting - tried to stay wrapped up but my face is sore

... the personel highlight was Big Gordon leaving 2 black marks about 50 ft long and squiggly...

guess i should clarify that Gordon was in his Trans Am ;)

All I can say is a HUGE thanks to everyone for attending over the two days. Great to catch up with old friends and meet and make a few more ;)

There certainly were some Magnificent Machines on our stand over the two days B)

Thanks to Cathy for bringing the SIDC tent, flags etc...., thanks to Imy for making up the car spec sheets which added extra interest for visitors to the stand and special thanks to Sammy the Chamois, Tommy T Cut and Paul555sti for their catering abilities :D

My good friend Mary Baxter ( who works at the Museum Of Flight) asked me to pass on her huge appreciation for the effort we put into the weekend. A "credit to our club" ;)

Excellent banter all weekend :P

Same again next Year?

Cheers

Gus

Another good day today. Good to meet some new faces and all the regulars.

Frank good to meet you at last ;) your car was looking great with the black wheels.

A few more pictures from the last few days.

(Gus thanks for risking your life to get the ariel shots today. After Gus went up the crane the driver told me that the wind speed was such that the crane should have been down on the deck :P )

3956322559_df28a331da_b.jpg

3957078464_b0364c9650_b.jpg

3959723562_a9a506ee71_b.jpg

3958904137_0d0837127d_b.jpg

3959688312_8ac7f09bfc_b.jpg

3958910073_bc966b6dc6_b.jpg

3957065914_0c704c6d09_b.jpg

3959752492_8090e966db_b.jpg

Plenty more uploading just now.

i was there, and what a day was well impressed wi the fat banana.

spoke with some of yous. and maybe next time al have the car all shone up and looking good.

a sport with attitude lol

so hi to those of yous i never spoke with and hi again to those i did.

great pics

I forgot to thank Imy for the spec sheets and also a massive thanks to Cathy for bringing all the gear, with out the trusty wagon it would have been a very cold couple of days with no makeshift kitchen ;)

Gus the bus ariel shots!

3959103099_469b2d2260_b.jpg

3959925294_c6f395c847_b.jpg

Big Gordons black beauty!

3959816314_cbc893fc63_b.jpg

3959826248_01296cf0a2_b.jpg

A few of the hot rods

3959024839_c8612a8020_b.jpg

3959010913_b55797b6de_b.jpg

3959062043_7fdb5b9e20_b.jpg

Edited by paul555sti

Brilliant day out, had a great time, as did Heather and the kids.

Again, big thanks to Mr. Bus for organising and to Imy for the spec sheets. Great to catch up with some familiar faces and some good banter.

Paul, like the pics of my Trans Am. ;) Did you take any of my Scooby? ;)

"Enjoyed the last couple of days but the personel highlight was Big Gordon leaving 2 black marks about 50 ft long and squiggly. I was back to being 5 year old and watching Burt Reynolds live, loved every second following that car. The noise it emits is second to none and makes mine sound sheepish"

Glad you enjoyed the smoke show Grant, i don't need much encouraging with stuff like that, love getting the car sideways :P

Loads of pics to go thru, will try and get some posted up.

Thanks again.