2009 Impreza Sti ... Or Something Else?

I've got a 2008 STI and very happy with it :angry:

I like the 350Z, but not enough to swap from a Scooby!

R34 skyline is an absolute beast, definitely worth a look!

all great cars and have been lucky enough to have driven all, it depends really what you are using it for :(

ie track days ,everyday driving etc

personally the r34 gets it for the sheer grunt and room

regards nathan

Visit My Website imprezatypera.com

Edited by lockley

What is the 2009 STI like at motorway speeds?

One of the thing that bug me about the GC8 is that is on the autobahn at 100mph+ it is very noisy due to the high revs (80mph = 4k RPM).

I think I might be looking for something with longer legs, does the 2009 STI fill this criteria?

What is the 2009 STI like at motorway speeds?

One of the thing that bug me about the GC8 is that is on the autobahn at 100mph+ it is very noisy due to the high revs (80mph = 4k RPM).

I think I might be looking for something with longer legs, does the 2009 STI fill this criteria?

Very much so, it eats motorways :D Around 3k rpm for about 80mph in 6th I think.

It soaks up bumps on motorways and B roads so well.

Like others said, keep £1k spare for some Whitline bits and a steering re-valve and it will be the best scoob you've driven :)

I think its kinda obvious I like my 330s B)

Good luck, thats an awesome list to chose from ;)

Ben

Hi,

Into my second month of ownership of an 09 Sti. Most of my driving is motorway with a bit of town driving for work purposes.

The car is both plaything and workhorse combined. Must say it is excellent at both, as already mentioned it eats mways for breakfast, sitting at around the 3K rev mark at motorway speeds. Around town it copes perfectly well.

Having come from a background of Renaultsports, which to be fair were very good, I was surprised how versatile the scoob is.

The only thing I have found is a bit of body roll, not excessive I'm just fussy, but the guys and girls on here have given me suggestions to sort that.

I will say this in a hushed voice "i'm getting 30mpg at the moment"!!.... sorry about that but its mainly motorway at the moment with little playing.

Get one and enjoy

I actually drove my 330s in "Intelligent" mode down some A roads and around the M25 for a bit the other day. I was quite surprised when I saw 35mpg average on a 45mile trip. Mine has done 2.2k miles now and seems to freeing up. Also just gave it an oil change and some Motul V300 and a tank of V-power

Obviously as I had saved fuel, and the planet, on the way there I planted my foot on the way home and ripped the atmosphere apart behind me :boldblue:

Ben

• 3 weeks later...