Anyone had any issues with Godspeed?

Bought and paid for some stuff back in 14th may now and still not got all the parts I paid for. Emailed many times - no answer - and phoned to only get fobbed off it seems. Had to return the rears as the wrong (non vented) were sent up which i immediately sent back down when I found out they were wrong for my wagon. He said he had sent the new bits but they never arrived. He has now said that the courier has lost them. I want this guys stuff as its good gear and I have the fronts on but he is making it real hard to get the rears I have paid for. Zero customer service.

I've had a less than favourable experience with Godspeed.

I bought a pair of disks off him for £340 which didn't fit my mounting bells. (This bit was my fault as I didn't know which model of 4 pot AP calipers I had)

To be fair though, the disks arrived in less than a week.

So I thought I'd get a new pair of mounting bells and a a set of pads (another £255). Now this is where things started to go downhill. I sent him a mounting bell for him to copy the dimensions. He told me a delivery date, but they never arrived. Seven weeks later, the new bels eventually arrived, but they didn't fit the disks he made earlier.

Next thing was, I had to send him down a caliper and mounting bracket, as well as the disks and bells, and he'd take it from there. I was given a delivery day of Tuesday or Wednesday the following week. Of course they didn't arrive. I gave it another couple of weeks, then I asked for my money back. A week later I got a message from him telling me they were sent out the previous week, but were returned to him as the courier was unable to deliver. There is someone in the house at all times, so I know the courier never tried to deliver.

Total cost for disks, bells, and pads was £595 and the time taken was 4 months. Meantime my car was sitting in a friends garage unable to move. I had to buy an alternative set of front brakes in order to move my car.

The quality of Ian's work does look good, I can't fault it. However his "customer relations" needs a lot of improving. He never answered any of my emails. The only way I found to communicate with him is by a private message on Scoobynet.

If you want something which is a standard "off the shelf" replacement part then by all means buy from him. If you need something made to order, be prepared for no communication from him, and a long wait.

I personally will not be dealing with him again.

I have a set of AP 4 pots for sale, with brand new Godspeed disks, mounting bells, and DS2500 pads.

I ordered the 355mm AP 6 pot kit. Couriers lost it and a new kit was made up and with me within the week.

Required spacers which were sent 3 times but never arrived, or an invoice.

But, the goods are of top quality and i've spoken to Ian a few times. He knows his stuff and he's a nice guy from what I can gather. Seems a lot of the problems may be coming from the couriers he is using?

I disagree. Each time he sent anything to me, he supplied me with the couriers trackable consignment number.

It was the one time he didn't that the package was allegedly returned to him as undeliverable.

My personal opinion is, he takes on too much work and can't deliver when promised. The courier issue is just an excuse.

Well after numerous unanswered emails and phonecalls the parts finally turned up just before lunch today! Much happier now, I actually thought i was going to get screwed for the cash solely because I was getting zero answers. Fingers crossed they are the right bits as I don't want to go through the bother of having to try chase and replace them.

Top quality parts and I hope this does not put anyone off buying from him. Just make sure he has the bits and gives you a date/tracking number of everything that leaves his workshop. Also best way to conatct him and to get response is on scoobynet.

Don't think I would reccommend to any of my mates but I would give him a second chance.

Edited by actionslax

I ordered a set of brake pads from him on April 13th and they turned up on Monday 57 after ordering and the joke is when i ordered them I paid extra for next day delivery. Im still waiting on seals I ordered at the same time. I must have sent 10 e-mail and made 10 phone calls. He blamed it on the courier and contradicted himself several times.

If he lived within 100 miles of me he would have had a visit luckily for him he lives way down south.

Personally I will never use him again although other people have had no bother with him but it is bad to see im not alone in him pissing people about. :rolleyes::thumbup::wub:;)

I ordered some discs and brake shoes, and payed direct into his account. When they hadn't turned up within a fortnight I rang him direct to see what was happening.

I had to forward the original e-mail with the order, for him to track it, and it turned out he had missed the order. I then got the discs about 3 days later.

I had NO problems with unanswered e-mails and managed to speak to him on the phone every time I tried.

I guess he's just a busy bloke, that could do with a secretary.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately i too have suffered problems with Godspeed.

I've no problem with the quality or prices charged however.......

I bought re-conditioned calipers of him and sent the old ones back as instructed to reclaim my £125 deposit, since then my e-mails and phone calls have remained unanswered.