Sidc At The Jim Clark

Hi Folks

The Club have been invited to the Jim Clark Rally and have been asked to put on a display of cars in Duns on the Friday 23rd May 6 - 10pm during the street stage and then again on the Saturday through the day from 12 - 7pm in Duns again.

The compound is going to be shared with historic cars, rally cars and a few scoobs ie SIDC!! they have asked if we can get as many cars as possible during the display time, the cars can be driven away at night or stored as they are providing security.

I will speak to the guys at Knockhill on Sunday to see if I can borrow the club stand and flags as well for the event.

I hope some of you will consider coming down, this is a very special event and it would be good to get a good stand organised for the club.

Thanks Again :brickwall:

John

Friday Night 6 - 10pm

1.Cruz104

Saturday 12 - 7pm

1.Cruz104

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same about mine Cathy lol .. It looks not too bad after a clean but i've just removed my side skirts so it shows the nasty black plastic clips until i get it sorted... Plus , i'll be taking friends so i'm not sure of their plans atm..

I'll see.......

Edited by Frank C
I was thinking the same about mine Cathy lol .. It looks not too bad after a clean but i've just removed my side skirts so it shows the nasty black plastic clips until i get it sorted... Plus , i'll be taking friends so i'm not sure of there plans atm..

I'll see.......

Hi Folks

If it is a Scoob you are welcome to pop it on, it is Subaru through the agaes so they will not all be in top notch condtion.

Everyone is welcome, Cathy your Scoob is in great nick!!!

Frank it would be great to see you too.

Many thanks

John

I'll see what my mate says John re: time scales and if i can make it in time i might just do (Friday at least) .......

Does that mean i'll need to clean it or is the rally look more desirable ? lol

Keep an eye out for me anyway and say hello....

PICT0120.jpg

Edited by Frank C
I'll see what my mate says John re: time scales and if i can make it in time i might just do (Friday at least) .......

Does that mean i'll need to clean it or is the rally look more desirable ? lol

Keep an eye out for me anyway and say hello....

PICT0120.jpg

Whatever look you like, loving the look whatever it is thats a stunning car, will defo look out for you.

cheers

John

As you mentioned in goat land. I just checked with G and only myself can head down for the Friday providing we meet before hand as I'll get lost!! Sat nav will be handy though. Postcode would be useful. Also are there any recommendations for b and b's? Don't fancy that treck up and down!

Gordon will be joining us late on the Friday night and wash the car for stand on the Saturday.

Hope that helps your question.

Kaylz

Friday Night 6 - 10pm

1.Cruz104

2.Kaylz555

Saturday 12 - 7pm

1.Cruz104

2.Kaylz555

3.Gordon

Edited by kaylz_555

Kaylz, i think you'll struggle to find a b&b that weekend,

i tried to book something a couple years back and everywhere was fully booked, there were no vacancies.

Most places have their regular customers that come every year for the rally and cant take new bookings.

i think that John should put yous up for the night ;)

Kaylz, i think you'll struggle to find a b&b that weekend,

i tried to book something a couple years back and everywhere was fully booked, there were no vacancies.

Most places have their regular customers that come every year for the rally and cant take new bookings.

i think that John should put yous up for the night :P

ok everyone to Johns Flat for the weekend ;) , if you fancy a floor you are all very welcome.

Nearest town for Bed and Breakfast is Gordon or Earlston, Earlston is a better option to be honest, if not then Melrose is the next best option, if you want something booked let me know and I will sort it for you tonight.

cheers

J

Hi John could be up from this on the friday night depending on what time the cars are allowed out the stand as i would like to get down to ecklaw hill at copath for the abbey st bathans stage

If anyones heading down the a1 from edinburgh and the lothians the quickest way and upto Duns via grantshouse could have a wee convoy down on the friday night

Hi Gordon

I will get you out pal, I can chat with the guys at Rally HQ in Duns to get you out in time.

Look forward to seeing you there, once I have the location of the stand I will let you know, I am suspecting it will be down at the round about where all the local garages are, this is where a lot of the spectators will be watching the cars coming into the town.

Cheers for now

John

Will the night stage thats in duns be walkable from the show area??

STOO

I would image so STOO, Duns isn't that big..

And if it's near Aitchison's Garage then you'll bang in the middle of it.

John,

What's the latest i'll need to be there mate ?..

I think the earliest i can leave Tranent-ish is about 5.30 so it'll need to be a brisk drive down..

Plus i don't think my passengers would stomach the Longformacus route ;):P

Thanks for b&b concerns, we're ok and booked up in central Duns :P walking distance from where the stands usually are.

John, We're just awaiting confirmation if Gordon can get a half day or not, so he might be there on the Friday night too. Will get confirmation for you beforehand.

We might end up staying for the Sunday too and making a weekend of it, need to really check the line up!

I'm getting myself all confused with what's on when and where, what weekend whats happening arggh ;) What day is it today ??

Looking forward to this one, should be good fun!

I would image so STOO, Duns isn't that big..

And if it's near Aitchison's Garage then you'll bang in the middle of it.

John,

What's the latest i'll need to be there mate ?..

I think the earliest i can leave Tranent-ish is about 5.30 so it'll need to be a brisk drive down..

Plus i don't think my passengers would stomach the Longformacus route ;):P

Hi Frank

The stand will be set up for 6pm the roads are closing at 7pm, our stand is at the garage you mentioned and indeed we are slap bang in the middle. You will just need to get there for when you can Frank that is all I can ask.

Thanks again

John

Where abouts is Duns? and how far from Glasgow is it?

Hi

From Glasgow city centre it is 90 miles and will take 2 hours to be honest I have done it in an hour and a half, depends if you get clear roads, the rally is worth a visit no doubt.

cheers

John

.....me too. I will be coming down but I don't think my car will be going on the stand. I've never been to this event before so don't know how it runs etc.

Hi Fraser

If you want to pop down on the Friday and have a look you are very welcome, the stand is right in the middle of the stage so u will not miss anything.

Let me know if you fancy it as your car would be a good addition to the stand.

cheers

John