Sidc At The Jim Clark

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

From Glasgow city centre it is 90 miles and will take 2 hours to be honest I have done it in an hour and a half, depends if you get clear roads, the rally is worth a visit no doubt.

cheers

John

I have family that stay in Hawick how far from there is it mate?

Hi John could be up from this on the friday night depending on what time the cars are allowed out the stand as i would like to get down to ecklaw hill at copath for the abbey st bathans stage

If anyones heading down the a1 from edinburgh and the lothians the quickest way and upto Duns via grantshouse could have a wee convoy down on the friday night

Gordy what time will you be heading down? If its not too early I might meet up with you as will be heading from work down the A1

I have family that stay in Hawick how far from there is it mate?

40 miles will take roughly an hour to get there, you head from Hawick to Gala follow the signs for the A68 to Earlston turn right at the Rutherfords Garage and then follow the road signs for Duns.

Hope you can make it.

Cheers

John

Trying for Fri but i fear work may scupper that but Saturday is pretty much a definate.

Is there a stage in Duns on the Satrday?

Hi Grant

Yes they come through the town again on Saturday apparantly that is why they are keen for the club to be there on Saturday too.

I am sensing the Friday night is going to be the night to be there to be honest so see if you can knock off earlier if not a slight diversion may be required !!!

I'll be down with a few mates on Saturday.

Will be needing the car to see the stages though, but will pop by to say hello.

Davy

No probs will see you then.

I am going for the Spectator packs tomorrow for Neil and Kaylz does anyone else want one sent out to them, the cost is £25 per pack.

cheers

John

Thanks for doing that John,

Brings me to my next question B) Where am I going to wash my car :brickwall: I'll bring all the stuff with me but will need the water - is there somewhere nearby at a garage or something where I can get my "supply" lol

Kaylz

I will get you a bucket of water dont worry, there are loads of garages around the area we are based.

:brickwall: Would have been great to be there John but i'm stuck with night shift weekend and nobody fancies a swap, never mind maybee next time, could have brought the new addition to my scooby family as well B)

Bobby

Aw thats a shame Bobby, well if you can get a shift change try and pop along as this is going to be a belter, there are a few surprises with this wee stand that people will see when they pop down.

See you at Knockhill on Sunday pal and I am sensing that car Gavin was selling has arrived on your door step!!

cheers

John

work allowing,which it is just now il put mine on the stand on friday-saturdays a possible. il be at knockers on sunday so il try and catch up with you cruz.

did the skye weekend convince Mags then Bobby? look forward to seeing it on track soon!

:o:o Ohhh is it white ? ;):D

White is the in colour lol :D

I told Mag's she'd be the best nursery teacher if she had a white scoob the kids would love her!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Waffle valve has been at full throttle this week mucho mucho mucho grovelling before I get :D

Edited by bobbyc

its looking like Friday night is popular, I've updated the list for the SIDC stand.

been to the Jim Clark for the last 4 years or so, is a cracking tarmac rally and you'll get to see a variety of cars, as it is a round in 6 different championships.

this year's format is slightly different, theres tons of info on the JCR website and Duns is a great location for the stand.

Strike, cant easily find a postcode but search Google maps for "Duns Berwickshire" and you'll see it.

Its going to be a great weekend (plus its a bank holiday on the Monday) so if you're free then come along,

the sight of the rally cars and the sound of antilag will make the hairs on your neck stand up :D:rotfl:

Updated Lists

Friday Night 6 -10pm

Cruz104

Midnight 21

Kaylz555

Lumsden 26

scooby222

GJLATZ

FrankC

Gordyq

Gordon ?

Connor Scotland ?