Help - Car Won't Start

Ok, I've got a problem, need help and advice.

Background:

Earlier this week after a blast, the car suddenly sounded like a tractor. I thought I blew a gasket on the headers/uppipe but it turned out that I had blown a plug out from the GT spec II headers. The hole being there for a lamba or temp sensor I believe.

So I got a plug from AWD and fitted it today.

Current status:

Went to start the car and it does start but it just dies. I can keep the engine running for a short period of time by giving it some revs but it again just dies.

I have checked:

All intercooler pipes are tight.

All vacuum pipes seem to be intact, no signs of anything blown off or cracked hoses.

On ignition, the Apexi power fc controller does show voltages for all the sensors, although the Air Flow voltage does drop down to zero. (when I start the car the voltages do change but then the car dies)

Another thing I have noticed is that the boost inditcion on the apexi power fc is now reading 4 dashes (- - - -). I have never seen this which is weird. I have boost indiction on the AVCR boost controller and the defi gauges.

I need to diagnose whether it is my MAF that has gone so has anyone got one that I can get a shot of in the Moray area. (I have left an answer phone message with euan_r because I think he will have the same MAF as me, I need a shot to see if my MAF has gone)

It is an orange label MAF. The car is a MY98.

I really don't want to miss the trip to skye but if I can't get my car fixed then I'll have to miss out :P

Does anyone else have any ideas as to why my car just dies? Anything else I can check?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

A stressed out Rich :)

Edited by Cullenmin
Another thing I have noticed is that the boost inditcion on the apexi power fc is now reading 4 dashes (- - - -). I have never seen this which is weird. I have boost indiction on the AVCR boost controller and the defi gauges.

any chance that one of the boost pipes has come off / split? Have a look at where the Apexi is piped in.

I'm sure someone told me that can cause the car to cut out or go into limp home mode

I'm back in action...

Checked hoses again, pushed one boost/vacuum hose fully onto a t-piece (thats all i did really) and it started.

Went for a quick run and all seems ok now. I have readings on the apexi and the voltages are fluctuating, air flows are going up and down on apexi display too.

Loose boost/vacuum hose seemed to be it, I hope thats all it was anyway

Cheers

Rich

tested both cars tonight :o

what car do i take

the Terzo or the blobeye

cant make my mind up

Are you rubbing it in that you have 2 working?!!!! haha

I should get mine back in the morning if they decide to put the original diff back in for me!

Its taken 3 and half days just to replace a diff! crazy!!!

See you all friday/sat

Right 1st of all, thanks for all the generous offers of a lift from folk, it just shows how good a community we have here on sidc.

Euan - I didn't know they varied from uk to jap (learn something new everyday).

Wayne - I heard you on the bike, I was actually out the back garden helping my dad put up a new shed, Westtra was kindly helping out too as he only lives along the road.

Jonboy - I hope you get your car sorted tomorrow mate, would be a shame for you to miss out. I thought that was me missing out today :o

Ross - £200 in your head = a pint in my head :)

Everyone else - See you all on saturday (fingers crossed)

Cheers

Rich

Right 1st of all, thanks for all the generous offers of a lift from folk, it just shows how good a community we have here on sidc.

Euan - I didn't know they varied from uk to jap (learn something new everyday).

Wayne - I heard you on the bike, I was actually out the back garden helping my dad put up a new shed, Westtra was kindly helping out too as he only lives along the road.

Jonboy - I hope you get your car sorted tomorrow mate, would be a shame for you to miss out. I thought that was me missing out today :o

Ross - £200 in your head = a pint in my head ;)

Everyone else - See you all on saturday (fingers crossed)

Cheers

Rich

See you there Rich cars cleaned, packed, fueled up ready to go to Inverness tomorro 14:00 thought I'd planned it all out to military precision :D

Oh Oh hang on!!! :( Mags informs me tonight she's gettin her hair done at 13:00 there goes my well oiled machine F****** women why cant they be baldy like me & just wash n go :)

Glad to hear you've got the car sorted Rich,enjoy your weekend lads and hope to see some pics posted up next week- i'm stuck offshore,just went away yesterday - typical !!

P.S The problem with your car didn't happen outside PUDDLEDUCK in Cullen did it Rich ??? :o:):(

Edited by tommo9375