• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting... It's registered at the same webhosting company that I use for my own websites.. No strange in itself but it's a small(ish) company.. Hmnn... :blush:

Howd you come across it?

Edited by ScoUK
That's interesting... It's registered at the same webhosting company that I use for my own websites.. No strange in itself but it's a small(ish) company.. Hmnn... :blush:

Howd you come across it?

found it under a blokes name on scoobynet just now, connor scotland

Images are duff due to the main site being blocked but:

Linky << may or may not work.. Just google "scottishscoobies.net" and click the "cached" link next to the first result.

Sure enough.. looks like a "rival" Scottish Scoobies group *sigh* Guess he hasn't been impressed with the SIDC Scottish Scoobies... :blush:

Edited by ScoUK

Whois Record

Registrant:

Connor McQuillan

Domain name: SCOTTISHSCOOBIES.NET

Administrative Contact:

McQuillan, Connor

Technical Contact:

Technical, GX Networks

5 Roundwood Avenue

Stockley Park

Uxbridge, Middlesex UB11 1FF

UK

+44.8712309525 Fax: +44.8701650437

Registration Service Provider:

08709126612 (fax)

http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Edited by phil
Address removed at the request of Connor
doesnt bother me, they are an em "different & younger" lot :blush:

Yeah but they are branding it as "SCottish SCoobies" instead of specifying scottishscoobies.net

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:w0txI...lient=firefox-a

"Scottish Scoobies - Terms of use

By accessing “Scottish Scoobies” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Scottish Scoobies”, “http://www.scottishscoobies.net”), "

Clearly going to ad to confusion amongst members if both continue to use the same name.. particularly if (hypothetically speaking) one of the groups gets into trouble legally the other group coule be interrogated when it has nothing to do with them.. Not that that would happen, after all both scottishscoobies.co.uk or .net owners are safe an law abiding citizens.. naturally...

Edited by ScoUK

BTW - I know connor will read this thread at somepoint.. Just wan't to clear up that I am not trying to damn him for the site.. I'm all for scottish subaru communities.. there are several different ones across scotland already this is nothing new.. I'm just concerned about the naming and whether or not the choice was deliberate to try and draw in more members from another similarly named group.. But clearly is not just coincidence..

yup I agree and i really really hope that their paths dont cross ours,

I'd be really pissed if they interfere with the work that Grant and I have done with the McRae family and Prodrive

but I doubt that they are the rallying type...

i've always been careful to refer to us as "Scottish Scoobies, a region within SIDC" when doing stuff for the club.

I wonder if Phil will be ok with another forum/club using our name...

and I too know that Connor and other members signed up to that site will read this thread and dont want to start any arguments.

Its just that I share ScoUk's concern about potentially confusing people that are new to the community with 2 forums that are similarly named but have totally different identities and interests

knew about this site.

it seems to have attracted the old "saltire scoobies" crowd

doesnt bother me, they are an em "different & younger" lot :blush:

well i can safely say this site has nothin to do with any of the ex saltirescoobies as i pulled the plug on that as most of us got rid of the scoobies