Gb270 On Fire

i cant beleave my luck i got a 57 plate gb270 stole back on 20th feb 2009 didnt get it back so bought a 08 plate gb270 about 2 weeks agow and omg it went on fire on the a80 near to cumbernauld in the early hours of sunday morning driving along sparks come from the engine and loose power so i stoped and then the flames started i was nearly crying not ashamed to admit it seen another gb270 pass when the police and fire brigade were there think the private reg was k33 **N dont think he could beleave his eyes still heavy shocked

i cant beleave my luck i got a 57 plate gb270 stole back on 20th feb 2009 didnt get it back so bought a 08 plate gb270 about 2 weeks agow and omg it went on fire on the a80 near to cumbernauld in the early hours of sunday morning driving along sparks come from the engine and loose power so i stoped and then the flames started i was nearly crying not ashamed to admit it seen another gb270 pass when the police and fire brigade were there think the private reg was k33 **N dont think he could beleave his eyes still heavy shocked

Jesus m8,can't believe the run you are having.

How bad is the damage?

Colin.

Oh man, that is rank rotten luck mate :rotfl:

I guess you'll get another car no problem once the insurance is sorted out, just the effect that this and the theft might have on your premiums... even though neither was your fault...

Guess the main thing is that no-one was hurt.

Hope you get things sorted soon and that this doesn't put you off Scoobies.

didnt get proper look but the engine went on fire melted away most of the front end and the inside is heavy smoke damaged

That sounds like a right off. That's a shame for such a nice new car. There weren't any undeclared mods that the insurance will try to use as an escape policy, were there?

aw man that must have been horrible ;)

cant imagine how it would have felt watching scoob no 2 go up like that, esp since scoob no 1 was stolen

i'm surprised at a brand new one going on fire, surely that shouldnt have happened.

any chance you can get some compensation off the dealer?

hope you get thing sorted with the insurance and that its not put you off scoobs.

if you decide to go for a third impreza perhaps avoid the GB270 series? they seem to give you nothing but bad luck...

If I were in your shoes, I'd buy a Hawkeye STi. Well that's if you're going to stay behind the wheel of a Scoob.

;)

The GB270s are really nice motors and offered very good value for money as brand-new buys, but I recently compared asking prices for 07-plate GB270s against 07-plate STIs and the STIs weren't an awful lot more expensive. If you consider that the STI offers several rather more fundamental upgrades over a WRX than the GB270, and if you don't have to own a 'limited edition', then STI really starts to look like better value for money as a used buy...

JMHO.

Edited by Mystery Machine