Online Radio

last.fm, create your own radio stations depending on what music you listen to. You basically have a plugin on your pc/mac, play music through iTunes/winamp/windows media player and this updates your last.fm profile. It then creates stations you may like (or you can make your own). There's some amazing stuff on there, and no adverts! Edited by 4hero

Used to be my hometown american rock station until I moved out of the region, 105.7 The X. I still listen to it online though.

http://gateway.andohs.net/player/default_n...er=&nometa=

Worth a look might be www.pandora.com which creates a custom playlist based on your favorite music. Most similar sites simply play all music of the same genre, such as all kinds of rock if you were to type in the Foo Fighters. Pandora breaks the song down to very specific qualities and finds similar music based upon those.

Edited by t3hWIT

last.fm is stunning. I got the application for the iPhone thingy, listened to last.fm all day yesterday at work and discovered 5 new artists that I love and have never heard before! Since bought 2 albums, and more to come..

Once your profile is set up, and it knows all the artists you like, it's plain sailing!

"Your musical compatibility with Zeolite_ is VERY LOW" :D

edited to add: check out

, can't stop playing this, HELP!! :) Edited by 4hero
last.fm is stunning. I got the application for the iPhone thingy, listened to last.fm all day yesterday at work and discovered 5 new artists that I love and have never heard before! Since bought 2 albums, and more to come..

Once your profile is set up, and it knows all the artists you like, it's plain sailing!

"Your musical compatibility with Zeolite_ is VERY LOW" :D

Since your comments about Rush that is no surprise to me. :)

Currently in the baroque classical section.

last.fm, create your own radio stations depending on what music you listen to. You basically have a plugin on your pc/mac, play music through iTunes/winamp/windows media player and this updates your last.fm profile. It then creates stations you may like (or you can make your own). There's some amazing stuff on there, and no adverts!

you can get last.fm on iPhone now too :D

also tunin.fm lite is free and you can listen to loads of stations (I got it for Radio 5 for footy and Radio One for Zane Lowe and Colin Murray for the evening dog walks ;)

For online:

http://www.live365.com/profiles/progged

Live 365 has loads! Also that Progged Radio one is good for prog but it's more rock/metal stuff than Yes/Genesis type prog :)

• 2 weeks later...

KZOK 102.5 Seattles classic rock station

I listen to it online on iplayer, first listened to it when I was at Fort Lewis WA in 1999 and have loved it ever since its the best rock station around.

Im glad i can listen to it round the clock online these days!

Grow a panchos villas moustache, a set of buggery grip side boards and mosh til your hearts content, I do.

Enjoy

Callum W